Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 10:57 AM

22,149 posts, read 19,198,797 times

Advertisements

let's hear your "worst date" stories. These always have me rolling on the floor laughing.

Here's one: after a few weeks of mutual flirting, and acquaintance asked me over to their place on a Saturday afternoon to watch movies. Sounds good. Then this person calls back later and says "Bring something to cook while I watch the football game hahaha" I couldn't tell if they were serious, but just in case, I did. This person spent 3 hours watching football while I cooked us a meal in the kitchen. BIZARRE. I am not a sports fan, nor do I like to cook. Then when we sat down to eat the MEAL THAT I PREPARED this person spent the next 75 minutes talking about how great their ex was. We never did watch any movies. Nor did we go out again.

Red flag: when they talk about how great their ex is, probably not a good one to date...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 11:17 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,998,710 times
I have to be perfectly honest - my "worst date" stories are just too painful to repeat. And that's a bad sign if I can't even joke about them - lol.

Old 12-01-2007, 11:48 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,535,702 times
Worst date I ever had:

I was in college...in ROTC...

He and I were on the rifle team. He asked me out and I was sooo excited. He didn't have a car and I did, so I offered to pick him up.

Pulled up outside his apartment and he comes out with a laundry basket full of dirty closes. Puts them in my back seat and proceeds to ask me if we could detour to the laundry mat first.

I sat in that filthy place and watched him do laundry. By the time he was done and wanted to start our "date", I told him I was tired and drove him straight home.

The end.

Don't recall even speaking to him again.

Old 12-01-2007, 11:53 AM

Well, once I was going to one of the [White House] inaugural balls and had to drop off a Rug Doctor at Home Depot on the way, but I honestly don't think this guy minded. It was just ... due back.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:19 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Mine was the "damaged Toyota date" I went out with a lady before I was married and we went in her car which was a Toyota (the little one- Corolla I think). Her name was Dee and Dee was hot and so after we ate and saw a movie, me and Dee went to the liquor store and got some drink and chips and then to my house. I just knew it was gonna happen for me tonight! So this chick pulls her little Toyota in my driveway (all through the night she had been a sort of fast and aggressive type driver which really does not bother me). I then hop out and go in and open the electric garage door so she can pull her car in the empty side of the garage. She does not wait for the door to go all the way up and tries to drive in and this plastic covering that raises up on her car roof over the sun roof catches on my garage door and shatters! And she has the nerve to get mad with me!! She left mad and in tears and I never saw her again. Not only did I not get any lovin but she drove off with the liquor and chips I bought!

Old 12-01-2007, 08:21 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post
Worst date I ever had:

I was in college...in ROTC...

He and I were on the rifle team. He asked me out and I was sooo excited. He didn't have a car and I did, so I offered to pick him up.

Pulled up outside his apartment and he comes out with a laundry basket full of dirty closes. Puts them in my back seat and proceeds to ask me if we could detour to the laundry mat first.

I sat in that filthy place and watched him do laundry. By the time he was done and wanted to start our "date", I told him I was tired and drove him straight home.

The end.

Don't recall even speaking to him again.
That is a good one!

Old 12-01-2007, 08:50 PM

672 posts, read 2,124,910 times
Several years ago, there was the time I had a date with a girl I didn't know hardly at all. I was buzzing along in my truck, looking around because I wasn't real clear on which house she lived in. I looked around just in time to see a dog run up out of a road-ditch. BOOM! I hit the dog, and it went flying . Yep, you guessed it. It was their dog, and her little sister was crying over it. Her mom was mad as could be. We still ended up going out, but there was already a damper on the evening before we even left. Not a good night.

Old 12-01-2007, 11:36 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,528,307 times
I was truly "swave and de-boner" as I took the lovely young lady home after our first date. And she was especially impressed when I locked my keys in my pick up with the engine running... We actually dated for two years after that.

When my loving wife of 18 years first noticed me on that train platform in Koblenz, Germany, I was dropping my coins on the platform as I tried to buy a soft drink from a vending machine.

I guess some women don't mind klutzes...

Old 12-02-2007, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis58 View Post
Several years ago, there was the time I had a date with a girl I didn't know hardly at all. I was buzzing along in my truck, looking around because I wasn't real clear on which house she lived in. I looked around just in time to see a dog run up out of a road-ditch. BOOM! I hit the dog, and it went flying . Yep, you guessed it. It was their dog, and her little sister was crying over it. Her mom was mad as could be. We still ended up going out, but there was already a damper on the evening before we even left. Not a good night.

the dog ... didn't make it? and you still went out?

[but really, dogs shouldn't be wandering the streets in the first place]

Old 12-02-2007, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Mine was the "damaged Toyota date" I went out with a lady before I was married and we went in her car which was a Toyota (the little one- Corolla I think). Her name was Dee and Dee was hot and so after we ate and saw a movie, me and Dee went to the liquor store and got some drink and chips and then to my house. I just knew it was gonna happen for me tonight! So this chick pulls her little Toyota in my driveway (all through the night she had been a sort of fast and aggressive type driver which really does not bother me). I then hop out and go in and open the electric garage door so she can pull her car in the empty side of the garage. She does not wait for the door to go all the way up and tries to drive in and this plastic covering that raises up on her car roof over the sun roof catches on my garage door and shatters! And she has the nerve to get mad with me!! She left mad and in tears and I never saw her again. Not only did I not get any lovin but she drove off with the liquor and chips I bought!
LOL, I was reading this, sure that it would end with you getting "lucky" ... no way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships