Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 09:33 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,875 times

Advertisements

I'm going to die alone, and I have no problem with it. NO family, siblings, and kids can care less. I've been married and divorced twice, not really wanting marriage either time, much less any kids. You need to become comfortable with being alone, because it's really NOT that bad. Suck it up, it's reality.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:06 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
If you have friends and have no trouble meeting people, how can you be alone?
I have few friends and NO desire to meet people since they always become a liability to me. In my case, alone is better.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:14 AM

Location: The Netherlands, Israel, Italy, Chicagoland, Alberta Canada
99 posts, read 163,065 times
What about European women? They usually don't have a problem with dating a black man and also most of them are not religious at all.

Me and my husband met online too. He lived in Chicago and I in Amsterdam. I moved to the US and we are happily married for over 10 years now. Just an idea....

Old 02-13-2014, 10:18 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
I have few friends and NO desire to meet people since they always become a liability to me. In my case, alone is better.

Then you want to be alone. Stop dating and die alone. "Problem" solved and you get what you want.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:25 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
I'm similar to your situation. I'm just 30 and not atheist. It is harder for us black guys, but it comes in phases. I live in Arkansas and believe it or not, I can usually look at a woman and tell if she dates a black guy or not. There's differences though. There's women who exclusively date black guys and women who may have liked a black guy but it never went anywhere. In my area, the ones that exclusively date black guys are not my caliber. They are usually into dating the thuggish type guys, which is not what I am.

It's just a phase. I can see why you want to give up, because it's tiring to keep doing all the work with no reward. Also, just as women get older they become more fickle. You can see it here on the forums. There's more women on this forum that have dated a good amount of guys, compared to guys who have dated a good amount of women. Women get fed up too. We just either keep on trying, we give up, or change our approach and try something different. There's just not a lot open for us to do or any other guy. Our criteria is more narrow, but it's still feasible.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:02 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRock View Post
What about European women? They usually don't have a problem with dating a black man and also most of them are not religious at all.

Me and my husband met online too. He lived in Chicago and I in Amsterdam. I moved to the US and we are happily married for over 10 years now. Just an idea....
She's onto something here, OP.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:13 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyHarry View Post
For the first time in my life, I'm convinced that I'm going to die alone. Here are the 6 reasons:

1. I rely solely on online dating, mainly because the women at my job are either married or too young (20's and 30's) or too old (late 50's, 60's). And I've never been a bar/nightclub guy. In fact, I get so annoyed when people say shyt like "Forget online dating; dating In Real Life is the way to go." No, it's not. If Real Life dating (i.e.- non-online) were really the way to go, online dating never would've been invented. Obviously, there was something broken about Real Life Dating, so someone said, "There's got to be a better way." Does online dating suck? Of course. But leaving online dating for Real Life Dating is like going back to typewriters just because computers can be a pain in the a$$ sometimes. As annoying as computers can be, they still offer way more advantages than typewriters.

2. I'm a single (never married), childfree, 41-year-old man looking for women aged 42-55 (in NY, NJ, and PA) and many of the women in that age group are married or divorced with children. Even though I prefer a childfree woman, I'm open to dating women who have either teenage or adult offspring...but that really doesn't matter, because of Reason # 3.

3. I'm black, and am attracted mainly to white women. And most of the white women in the age group I'm looking for (42 to 55) DO NOT want to date black men. Let me repeat that: most white women aged 42 to 55 DO NOT WANT TO DATE BLACK MEN. And if you don't believe me, check out the profiles of 40- and 50-something white women on Match.com: more than half of them prefer to date white men only and the few who are open to dating outside their race tend to prefer nearly every other minority group but black. And OKCupid isn't much better: more than half of the 40- and 50-something white women I'm looking for answer "Yes" to the question "Do you strongly prefer to date someone of your own skin color?"
I was going to say that I don't think women in their 30s are too young for you, but I guess you don't want them because of the whole childfree thing?

Old 02-13-2014, 11:15 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I was going to say that I don't think women in their 30s are too young for you, but I guess you don't want them because of the whole childfree thing?

I'm guessing he is just less attracted to them. I'm rarely interested in dating someone younger, myself.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:00 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I'm guessing he is just less attracted to them. I'm rarely interested in dating someone younger, myself.
Well, since he's 41 and is setting his minimum age requirement at 42, I would think it has less to do with attraction (what's wrong with 37-41 year old women?) and more that he wants them to be unable to bear children or to be more likely to have only teenage or adult children.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:01 PM

101 posts, read 158,982 times
Everyone dies alone. If you haven't learned that already, it's a good time to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships