Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 06:20 PM

58 posts, read 59,576 times

Advertisements

Wow. What a fairly relaxed thread. I was expecting the OP to be inundated by a deluge of posts "convincing" him to be attracted to black women.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:03 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,207,422 times
me too, bro. I'm going to die alone.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:03 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,789,929 times
OK, I haven't read all the pages here, but I feel like I can relate. No, I'm not black. However, I married wrong and had no kids. Then I got a job in the worst city for dating ever and can't meet anyone. Add to that I still want kids (I'm 46) and therefore try to date younger, and you can see how this turns out. You're not the only one who wants to be with someone and will be alone. On paper its easier for me, but in reality it really isn't.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
It's probably best to stay single. Trying to pursue a relationship isn't worth it in this day and time. After my last relationship (with a white female), I realized I'm much happier alone.

Besides online dating is a joke. Those people on there have a list of unrealistic expectations and most tend to have something hidden in the closet.
So true! Glad you're happier alone. Thats really awesome and I wish I could say that.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:24 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,865 times
Go on more dates!!

You havent date much!

OP, im younger than you and a woman and dont have problems dating, so i realize is not the same scenario, but after getting dumped at the end of last year by a guy i was madly in love with, i started OLD and i had 7 dates with 7 differents guy. I could say all dates were dates from HELL. And even when i realized (sorry if this sound bad but its true) that some of these guys should be thankful that i was giving them the time of the day, and agreeing to date them (lets say they were less atractive, less interesting, etc, than me) some of them they never call me again (others did, but i wasnt interested in them enough to even go on a 2nd date). I started wondering what was wrong with the world, started questioning my own worth (mistake), until i GAVE UP completely, went on a last date without expectations at all.

guess what happened? he was wonderful! so much better than all the other guys (combined!), and so more compatible with me. And he was interested, VERY much so. So, yeah, almost 5 months later im in a very serious relationship, very happy, making plans, making trips together, in love, etc, etc.

Point is: keep doing it. keep dating. even when it seems that things are never gonna improve, even when you wanna give up daily. The woman that you will like and will like you back will appear, believe me!

And dont feel bad about your preferences. We all have them. You are entitled to have the preferences you want and to date someone you really like and be loved back.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:30 PM

58 posts, read 59,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Go on more dates!!

You havent date much!

OP, im younger than you and a woman and dont have problems dating, so i realize is not the same scenario, but after getting dumped at the end of last year by a guy i was madly in love with, i started OLD and i had 7 dates with 7 differents guy. I could say all dates were dates from HELL. And even when i realized (sorry if this sound bad but its true) that some of these guys should be thankful that i was giving them the time of the day, and agreeing to date them (lets say they were less atractive, less interesting, etc, than me) some of them they never call me again (others did, but i wasnt interested in them enough to even go on a 2nd date). I started wondering what was wrong with the world, started questioning my own worth (mistake), until i GAVE UP completely, went on a last date without expectations at all.

guess what happened? he was wonderful! so much better than all the other guys (combined!), and so more compatible with me. And he was interested, VERY much so. So, yeah, almost 5 months later im in a very serious relationship, very happy, making plans, making trips together, in love, etc, etc.

Point is: keep doing it. keep dating. even when it seems that things are never gonna improve, even when you wanna give up daily. The woman that you will like and will like you back will appear, believe me!

And dont feel bad about your preferences. We all have them. You are entitled to have the preferences you want and to date someone you really like and be loved back.
I wish I could give you a million rep. This has been by far the most useful post on CD regarding relationships and dating. Even though it was not directed to me, it's what I needed...somewhat.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:36 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Planck View Post
I wish I could give you a million rep. This has been by far the most useful post on CD regarding relationships and dating. Even though it was not directed to me, it's what I needed...somewhat.

Thank you!! Im glad i helped somehow!

Old 09-20-2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Thank you!! Im glad i helped somehow!
I agree, it was a great post.

Old 09-21-2014, 02:38 PM

88,514 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
OK, I haven't read all the pages here, but I feel like I can relate. No, I'm not black. However, I married wrong and had no kids. Then I got a job in the worst city for dating ever and can't meet anyone. Add to that I still want kids (I'm 46) and therefore try to date younger, and you can see how this turns out. You're not the only one who wants to be with someone and will be alone. On paper its easier for me, but in reality it really isn't.
Hey, but I thought you'd met someone. Didn't work out? I'm sorry to hear that.

I gave up. There isn't anyone for me, and I'm on the wrong side of 55 now. I think I will always be sad about it at moments, but most of the time, I'm OK about it.

I did have a moment of anger last week, because society still views single people as "less thans". I've been working on a big project that has required a lot of late and weekend time (I am salaried and do not get paid for overtime). I was sitting in a conference room with my boss and the program director talking about the next steps, and my boss said, "Well, it's going to probably require some weekend work, and those of us who have honeys at home are getting a lot of pushback for not being available on the weekends." Then she looked at me and grinned. They are both married and I am not. She was letting me know that I could expect to be the one to pull the weekend hours, since after all, I have no "honey" at home.

I was so angry, but as it turned out, coming in on the weekend wasn't necessary. But it wasn't necessary to say that to me, either, especially in front of another person.

Old 09-21-2014, 02:55 PM

1,908 posts, read 1,272,331 times
Ok to the OP. I am in a similar situation. Im black(skater-ish), 27 with a decent job and all and I like white women. It is HARD for us, dude. But if a white woman does not like me because of my skin color, that means I dont need her anyway. So in a way, it helps weed out those ones. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships