Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 07:04 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
None.

Now, some things, like working out a lot and eating well, which makes me feel better about myself has the effect of being attractive to women, but less because I'm in better shape than because I feel good about myself and that comes across as confidence.
this here IMO is ideal logic. pursueing and acheiving a healthy and happy life makes one more attractive because they are happier, more confident, and at peace with themself.

IMO, when you find an individual who lives as such, they are automatically relationhip material to me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 07:09 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Shaming tactics don't work on me.
Raena never does shaming tactics. It was a joke man. She's the most awesome poster on here.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:30 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,482,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathGreetsMeWarm View Post
For me, I'd say that most of my life is based around trying to be more attractive to women.

I want a good career because I want women to view me as smart and successful.

I want to break 4 minutes in the mile because it's an accomplishment that my future s.o. could brag about to her friends.

I sit in the sauna every day because it gives me good skin, which makes me more sexually attractive to women.

I wear nice clothes because they make me look better to women. Otherwise I would sweat pants every day, becuase they're far more comfortable.

if women didn't exist, I would be far less motivated in life. I'd be perfectly content if I made $45k/yr, since I don't have any expensive hobbies. The only reason I want to make 6 figures or more is because it would give me more dating options and thus ultimately lead to a happier life.
Yeah, but that becomes an arms race after a while.

It is kind of like bodybuilding. A guy may start bodybuilding to impress his friends. And for a while, he does. Then, his friends start bodybuilding. They get big, just like the first guy. So he has to work harder to get even bigger. And for a while, he is. But then his friends start to work harder to get bigger. And so on, and so on.

You accomplish some of you goals, but you end up living a very harried, stressful, competitive life. I don't want it.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:48 PM

421 posts, read 676,510 times
Killer looks are everything!

Old 02-13-2014, 08:58 PM

708 posts, read 823,804 times
0%. I work out when ever I feel like it for myself. I eat reasonably healthily and have various hobbies because I enjoy them and feel good, energised and alive. In my opinion, doing anything to impress another, purely to attract another or because you are seeking happiness from another is a fools game with only one possible result, disappointment.

It is likely you will learn the error of your ways at some point in your life but I believe part of your behaviour is a result of following others, perhaps from programming from media and pedestalization of the opposite gender. Assuming your post wasn't some early April fools jive, good luck...

Old 02-13-2014, 09:04 PM

708 posts, read 823,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Raena never does shaming tactics. It was a joke man. She's the most awesome poster on here.

Really? So you were the one who sent her the Valentines day card, admit it...

Old 02-13-2014, 09:07 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,396 times
Very little. I dress nice and paid a bunch to get my teeth fixed. That's about it.

The rest is just me. I work out to stay fit and healthy for the sports I enjoy.

I do the same sports now that I've done since a young age. I enjoy it.

I work hard and strive to improve because being poor sucks and I like owning houses!

Your life should be spent doing things you enjoy, not doing things to impress women.

I guess whatever motivates you to be a better person though. Good Luck.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:18 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
One look in my wardrobe and you'd have your answer.......

Old 02-13-2014, 09:21 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Seconded.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:32 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathGreetsMeWarm View Post
For me, I'd say that most of my life is based around trying to be more attractive to women.

I want a good career because I want women to view me as smart and successful.

I want to break 4 minutes in the mile because it's an accomplishment that my future s.o. could brag about to her friends.

I sit in the sauna every day because it gives me good skin, which makes me more sexually attractive to women.

I wear nice clothes because they make me look better to women. Otherwise I would sweat pants every day, becuase they're far more comfortable.

if women didn't exist, I would be far less motivated in life. I'd be perfectly content if I made $45k/yr, since I don't have any expensive hobbies. The only reason I want to make 6 figures or more is because it would give me more dating options and thus ultimately lead to a happier life.
Are you really being serious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships