Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 07:34 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,971,599 times

Advertisements

Just plan something cheap or free. Go to an art festival, or an ethnic one with food booths, for lunch. Go ice skating, or for a walk in the snow to look for signs of spring. Bring hot chocolate in a thermos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 07:39 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,814,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Just plan something cheap or free. Go to an art festival, or an ethnic one with food booths, for lunch. Go ice skating, or for a walk in the snow to look for signs of spring. Bring hot chocolate in a thermos.
While all these out door ideas seem cute in theory. We live in new york city where all the buildings create a wind tunnel of frigid air. It's pretty miserable to be outside and you have to wear tons of layers of heavy coats and sweaters. There are definitely no signs of spring as we got like 5 inches of snow today.

I eluded to the fact that I needed to check my finances and he said it was ok if I needed to push it back to save up more money.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:42 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,131,405 times
I'm betting that he already has a GF and you are just being pulled around on a string. You might come in handy if he loses the other one.

It's always to have another one panting and waiting.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:42 PM

550 posts, read 1,482,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
While all these out door ideas seem cute in theory. We live in new york city where all the buildings create a wind tunnel of frigid air. It's pretty miserable to be outside and you have to wear tons of layers of heavy coats and sweaters. There are definitely no signs of spring as we got like 5 inches of snow today.

I eluded to the fact that I needed to check my finances and he said it was ok if I needed to push it back to save up more money.
Oh jesus, just move on.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,743,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I do have laundry detergent. So.... YES!

However, I am a little bummed I am down to my last sl*tty brownie. So tasty.
Lol.......wait a minute that brownie has been everywhere? You are odd man.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:49 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,104,895 times
Quote:

Go to the Met - the "fee" is recommended but not required. Do you have a favorite mom and pop restaurant? We had a bunch of them in our neighborhood that we loved to go to. Or go out for dessert at a dessert place - it's not as expensive and - well, it's dessert!

Honestly, you don't have to spend a lot to date and 50K is not like you are poor or anything. I have many friends (including myself) that lived on FAR less than that in NYC.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:49 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,947,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Lol.......wait a minute that brownie has been everywhere? You are odd man.
experience trumps all.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:50 PM

550 posts, read 1,482,507 times
I think you should cut bait. He is obsessed with the idea of getting you to pay for the date. Ask why before you dump him, and report back to us.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:52 PM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,715,285 times
Quote:

I stand by my assertion-- he should be paying this go-round. The second date is too soon to ask the other party to pay.

I think he's stringing you on to have a good time. I don't know him, so I can't accurately make the call, but from what I've seen, you should leave him.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:53 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,039,844 times
Quote:
I went on one day with a guy. It was ok and I agreed to see him again. But he wants me plan it. Which is fine, I like planning things. However, he keeps texting me "When are you taking me out?". I just am wondering if this means he expects me to pay. I'm ok with paying, however I only make about $50k and I wanted to make sure I can plan something in my budget.
I thought we had something

On a serious note this little tactic of getting you to take him out is something I have said to women too with mixed results. In my case I was just ball busting but I know guys that are serious about it.

Personally, I will always pay for the girl for the most part but I always like to hear the girl offer at least. It was just how I was raised and its my culture to behave in that way. Although, I was born and raised jersey boy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships