Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 06:03 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSamurai View Post
Why? He already paid for the first.
That doesn't mean he has to rub it in her face as a ''getting back at'' strategy. I hope the OP ditched him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 06:27 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,242 times
You're worried because you "only" make $50K? lol

What is he, a millionare?

Old 02-14-2014, 07:06 AM

11,796 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
You're worried because you "only" make $50K? lol

What is he, a millionare?
No, but she indicated that he said he makes triple what she does. Makes me wonder if that's really true, because I'm sorry, someone who makes $150k shouldn't be nitpicking at a person, who makes 1/3 of what he does, to save up money to take him out. He doesn't sound like someone who would have any appreciation of a date that involved visiting a free museum, or going skating and drinking hot chocolate.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:03 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
No, but she indicated that he said he makes triple what she does. Makes me wonder if that's really true, because I'm sorry, someone who makes $150k shouldn't be nitpicking at a person, who makes 1/3 of what he does, to save up money to take him out. He doesn't sound like someone who would have any appreciation of a date that involved visiting a free museum, or going skating and drinking hot chocolate.
If a guy makes $150K and is bugging a girl to take him out, then he's a clown and most likely using it as a control/manipulation tactic.

If I was banking $150K a year I wouldn't give a crap who took me out and sure as heck wouldn't bother someone about it. Bigger fish to fry at that income.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:04 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
because, unless they're in a relationship, a lot of women don't like spending money on dates /not that wouldn't\ but that's how some feel.

Yeah, well if a woman feels that way she's a parasite.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
If a guy makes $150K and is bugging a girl to take him out, then he's a clown and most likely using it as a control/manipulation tactic.

If I was banking $150K a year I wouldn't give a crap who took me out and sure as heck wouldn't bother someone about it. Bigger fish to fry at that income.
This is why people should date within their own socioeconomic class. Everyone who dates someone who makes more feels entitled to all their money.

That's not how it works, and just because someone makes more does not mean he now just took on a new special needs child.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
If someone makes 50k and has to save up to bring them out, she has some serious spending issues.

I was able to put money into my savings account when I made half that... AND pay the bills

Old 02-14-2014, 08:19 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
I wouldn't have an issue with someone wanting me to plan the second date. I wouldn't have an issue with him texting me about it - because like I said, maybe he was just being cute. However, I would have a major problem with someone telling me about some 50 million dollar deal they made on the first date. To me, that would mean he's either bragging or lying - and neither one goes over well with me.

That being said, I would never plan a date that I couldn't pay for. In the beginning of a relationship - I wouldn't want to go anywhere that I couldn't afford to either pay my share or pay the whole thing. I've never made a lot of money - but I'm pretty good with money so I've never been in a situation where I honestly couldn't afford that.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:22 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
If someone makes 50k and has to save up to bring them out, she has some serious spending issues.

I was able to put money into my savings account when I made half that... AND pay the bills
Someone who earns 150k and is a man has SERIOUS issues when he can't wait for a payback date and short of harassing the female for it even.

If I am a man and I make 150k dude, dates are spare change to me especially if he said he enjoyed the date anyway. What's wrong with this dude? Cheapskate?

just want to update. Maybe, the OP promised that the 2nd date is hers. Maybe when it's time to pay on the first date, she said it so instead of the guy asking for her half, he took her word for it.

But still how annoying to keep pressing on it. If he is in his 30s soo immature, selfish and cheap, really.

Also if he can't afford the place they went to then why bother going there?

Maybe he wants to impress her but is sooo cheap he can't sleep with all those money he spent.

I honestly would rather he whip out a group on coupon everytime we go out like the guy I dated than be badgered when will you take me out.

Even then, that coupon guy I dated, I was surprised was calculating how much he spent on me so far, LOL. And that's why I ditch him.

Last edited by meaning; 02-14-2014 at 08:50 AM..

Old 02-14-2014, 08:22 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post

It all depends how one spends/invest their money. 150k or 50k is irrelevant if 95% of their income is going into bills. A lot of people don't know how to manage their money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships