Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 09:34 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,449,410 times

Advertisements

Spoilers: she is probably saying it becuase of your You look angry all the time or it's making you look like a sour puss.

If she's knows your a good guy and your always sitting there with a angry or blank expressionless face, it's just her way of saying "you should open up more and show who you are"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 09:58 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,961,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Spoilers: she is probably saying it becuase of your You look angry all the time or it's making you look like a sour puss.

If she's knows your a good guy and your always sitting there with a angry or blank expressionless face, it's just her way of saying "you should open up more and show who you are"
Practise some sort of smile/grin that makes you look more friendly.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:11 AM

11,794 posts, read 12,027,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post

^^^This.

There was a huge thread in non-romantic relationships a while ago about how much women don't like to be told to smile as they're going about their day. So, to me, it makes a difference if this is someone you do or don't already know. Random stranger telling me what to do with my face, not happening. Friend, coworker, might take into consideration how I'm being perceived if I won't smile, especially if it's an occasion where I should be smiling.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:33 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,380,171 times
If you try to force a smile, then it won't look right. I say be yourself. Her telling you to smile more means that she has identified a trait about you that she doesn't like.

I never liked that idiot Mr. Bean. Never found him entertaining at all. I know he's popular, but he doesn't rate in my book.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:33 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,275,560 times
no genuine smile is a bad smile

Old 02-15-2014, 12:16 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,742 times
You don't have to be a smiling machine, but don't need to hide your smile for that reason either. A gentle natural smile is charming.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:16 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,878,376 times
It seems to me the real solution, if affordable, is to get the teeth fixed.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:50 AM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
If she thinks you should smile more, it means your smile doesn't look as bad as you think it does. It means the problem is mostly in your mind. Smile more, and enjoy life!

Old 09-06-2018, 01:15 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,384,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
Some advice I got recently was too smile more. The problem is that I have a bad smile. It resembles Mr. Bean's smile. And yes, he has a bad smile.
If you teeth are black with decay and haven't seen a dentist in years then I wouldn't smile until I went to the dentist and got all of that fixed.

Old 09-06-2018, 01:54 PM

534 posts, read 489,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
Some advice I got recently was too smile more. The problem is that I have a bad smile. It resembles Mr. Bean's smile. And yes, he has a bad smile.
What is the genuine issue you're having?

1. "I want to smile more but I'm ashamed of my smile." (Work on recognizing that your physical appearance is not limiting you except to the extent that you decide it is).

2. "I want to have different, better experiences, and someone told me that if I smile more, I'll be more likely to get those experiences." (Work on recognizing what feels good to you authentically. Smiling more may or may not be part of that. Genuine smiles are an effect of how you feel. Fake smiles are a manipulation that will attract manipulative situations and fake people. Some people want that, and that's perfectly OK. Nothing wrong with fake, as long as you recognize what you're doing and what your end game is.)

My personal opinion is that there is no such thing as a genuine smile that's bad or unattractive. A genuine smile reaches the eyes and extends something wonderfully ineffable that is always attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships