Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 07:44 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Third, the PUA stuff doesn't teach you squat about women except how to manipulate those who are weak-minded.

Fourth, the PUA stuff assumes that the number notches in one's bedpost is the mark of a man.

Fifth, PUA stuff is shallow at best, providing a substitute personality for guys who haven't bothered to develop one.
these are all common misconceptions , imo.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:50 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
PUA is something that should have stayed as a discussion had in men's locker room only and NEVER made public. Women don't like it.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:57 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
these are all common misconceptions , imo.
Pshaw. This ain't my first barbecue, le roi.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
PUA is something that should have stayed as a discussion had in men's locker room only and NEVER made public. Women don't like it.
women don't like the idea that they're predictable regarding what they're attracted to.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Pshaw. This ain't my first barbecue, le roi.
i know. but what if i told you that a lot of your advice overlapped with PUA ?

Old 02-14-2014, 08:01 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Okay. First thing's first. Anybody who actually uses the term 'mangina' already has serious issues and doesn't even know it. It's a term used by those who are pretty insecure about who they are and are puffing themselves up by slapping a label on others. Eighteen-year-old virgins, fratboys, and guys of that ilk.

Second, there's a huge expanse of territory between being a total douche and being a total doormat. The large majority of guys figure this out. The term for them is "men" as opposed to "overgrown boys with failure to launch issues."

Third, the PUA stuff doesn't teach you squat about women except how to manipulate those who are weak-minded. A woman who would have a one-night stand with you after a few cheesy lines isn't someone you'd likely want to have in your life for the long haul.

Fourth, the PUA stuff assumes that the number notches in one's bedpost is the mark of a man. Any idiot can get laid if he's not terribly selective. A real man is a lot more discriminating. Why? Because every person whom you bed has the potential of being a lifelong-connection, whether you like it or not. Women get pregnant, you know, which means you'll be having 20-year relationship with her in the form of monthly child support payments. And, of course, there's always the odd STD out there, typically carried by someone who isn't terribly selective about whom she sleeps with. And when that stuff jumps on, it doesn't jump off.

Fifth, PUA stuff is shallow at best, providing a substitute personality for guys who haven't bothered to develop one. Want to be the kind of guy women are attracted to? Be an interesting person. It's really that easy.
And yet, women fall for this PUA deal at an astonishing rate. And no, it isn't the "damaged" women with daddy issues, no matter what you may be wishing for. Im no fan of memorizing pickup lines, or making up stories to impress, never have done either in my life, but what PUA does teach guys is that women respond to certain treatment and behaviors in an extremely uniform way, as if they were a single entity, and indeed they are but Im afraid that's beyond your ability to comprehend. If I struggled attracting women, perhaps Id also turn to something like PUA to give me a hand up, but that need never surfaced.

You need a wider perspective and more detailed understanding of modern dating world to be able to even debate this topic, so I don't feel like im wasting my time here. IN todays dating world, women reject a good chunk of male population, that is shall we say less desirable, according to these women. Thanks to hypergamy, feminist brainwashing, cultural breakdown, and general moral corruption, women today choose to shoot for the stars and give themselves away freely to the top guys, who openly sleep with as many women as they please, who are perfectly fine with being some top dudes Wednesday girl. Much preferred to settling with an average guy.

This is obviously only scratching the surface, and I could write a book about this topic but the bottom line is, millions of men are born today, given traditional dating advice by those closest to them, only to be completely and utterly ignored by all women in the young adult life. There are young men who haven't had a date or gotten laid in a decade. You likely couldn't care less, because it doesn't effect you, but its not right and you perhaps should show a little empathy for others. PUA bridges the gap between traditional dating advice and modern dating world, and allows many men to date and get laid when they please. Personally, I would spend a penny nor spend a minute of my time learning PUA material, but I can see how it can be useful for many. Try to open up your mind a little and think outside the box. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:03 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
All you have to do is look at the posting histories of the guys on here who are promoting 'PUA' and come to your own conclusions.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:04 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I don't know anything/much about PUA. I never heard about it until I signed up on this site. Maybe it isn't targeted toward people my age, I dunno. But I don't understand being resentful if someone rejects an advance. She just isn't into you, so why would you want to go out with someone that didn't dig you? What is there to be resentful about? Most people aren't most peoples' types. You just move on.
Same here, and the first time I looked it up, I thought it was satire, a la The Onion or similar. It really does seem like huge joke, but then (on here, anyway) it seems like its some kind of construct that makes hostile and unappealing men even more hostile and unappealing. So, not a joke. I have never once heard of it or had it come up off these forums, though, and I have a pretty wide-ranging exposure to a variety of age groups. I also don't watch a lot of ***** TV, so there's that. All in all, it seems fairly pathetic.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:09 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Some PUA techniques can be good, some can be ridiculous.

If a person is dumb enough to not sift through the good and bad, that is their problem.

That's pretty much the end of discussion right there.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:10 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Wait, people PAY for this BS???? Seriously? It's one of those outfits?

Never mind...everything just got a lot clearer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships