Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 04:57 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I'm neither barren nor childless talking about Presumptuous thanks. Four pregnancies fwiw.

I note you're not the one who had to carry your spawn for 40 weeks nor the one who would get stuck with them if you had divorced.

If you're a man of any age you really can't be on you high horse about the cost of motherhood at all. Your boobs won't sag to your knees, your heart didn't break every time they cried or went to school or got bitten by a dog.

Us single mothers with absent and ungrateful children (fathered by absent and ungrateful men) are entitled to be a tad bitter about the Motherhood fairytale.

Also, no ones guaranteeing the kid won't be born with one arm no legs and she'll be entirely alone to change its nappies for the next 60 years.

Or she could hit on the semen of a psychotic serial killer - who cares! Its her right!

What about what the kid wants?

What about his/her rights? Do you think they want to send a card to a sperm bank every fathers day?

I'm quite entitled to share the opinion of myself and my friends tyvm. I sometimes think I should've had MORE kids, I might've got a nice one.

But you go ahead and tell me how I should feel, I'll pass it on when we need a good laugh.
You certainly sound bitter and hurt. Im sorry to hear things havent panned out the way you envisioned/hoped (not yet), but your failure as a parent or bad choice in a partner should not be used to discourage other people from pursuing their dreams. No one forced you to have children) and you chose the partners that bailed so its unfair to use that as a measuring stick...because it doesnt represent the situation of most people.

Also its pretty clear to me that you dont understand the emotional connection of a father to his child so i wont address that part of your post. BTW my wife is back to her same size and shape after delivering my baby; no sagging boobs ...if it happened in the future.... they'd be the best sagging boobs ever She actually wants another... so again cant relate to your situation.

Single parenthood is difficult but not impossible. She wouldnt be the first to try it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 05:07 PM

50,373 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Really, truly, I understand the baby hunger. I had kids young, but if I had not, I would have found a way to have some.

I also agree with other posters who have said that some nurses have a warped mentality which causes them to gravitate to needy, yet not worthy, men. Nurses are notorious for choosing the needy, without regard for the best choice. Think about it.

If you are really financially stable, and if you are really not a mental case, and if you have a stable family to help you nurture a child, then I think your plan is OK. Adopting would be great, but if you are compelled to have a pregnancy, then I can't blame you.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:19 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
You certainly sound bitter and hurt. Im sorry to hear things havent panned out the way you envisioned/hoped (not yet), but your failure as a parent or bad choice in a partner should not be used to discourage other people from pursuing their dreams. No one forced you to have children) and you chose the partners that bailed so its unfair to use that as a measuring stick...because it doesnt represent the situation of most people.

Also its pretty clear to me that you dont understand the emotional connection of a father to his child so i wont address that part of your post. BTW my wife is back to her same size and shape after delivering my baby; no sagging boobs ...if it happened in the future.... they'd be the best sagging boobs ever She actually wants another... so again cant relate to your situation.

Single parenthood is difficult but not impossible. She wouldnt be the first to try it...
So speaks the new father...

Tell ya what come back in 18 years well see how smug out are.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:
So speaks the new father...

Tell ya what come back in 18 years well see how smug out are.
LOL, Again, that attitude explains your situation. Your portion will never be mine. I hope your position improves. Best of luck

Old 02-15-2014, 05:29 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
LOL, Again, that attitude explains your situation. Your portion will never be mine. I hope your position improves. Best of luck

Pride comes before a fall..

Old 02-15-2014, 05:30 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
I disagree with this notion that nurses gravitate towards needy, helpless men. I see all sorts of women who aren't nurses doing this too. I don't think it's just a nurse thing. Plus, I know plenty of nurses who've married non-needy men. I think the OP should stop thinking of herself like this and try dating other men. There is no reason why she can't go out with new guys.

Last edited by srjth; 02-15-2014 at 05:57 PM..

Old 02-15-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Pride comes before a fall..
If rejecting your negative stance is being proud...then i am guilty as charged.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
It's up to you op. I'm a single mom and it is rewarding, overwhelming, time consuming, interesting, learning process, and the most loving experience I ever had.
Scheduling, help, patience are all needed. Children are a 24/7 on duty job. Lol
But if raised right it's not too bad. I don't think your picker is broken, more soo you haven't found the right person. But a child needs a parent, you can't always be away at work.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:02 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
OP seriously consider this before you do it. It sounds like you feel hopeless with men so please don't bring a child into this world until you figure that out. You'll just be miserable and now there's a kid without a dad who is also miserable.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:12 AM

50,373 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Lol@ everyone wanting babies so much.

I get it, they're cute.

Unfortunately they grow up to be revolting teenagers and distant adults.

Consider that before you go shopping for turkey basters.

Most of my (older, female) friends actually regret having children.
This is, sadly, very true. Having kids is very difficult, and it doesn't necessarily get better when they are grown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships