Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 10:10 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I agree with that as well. They would not be people I would want to date either. Commitment to physical health is attractive and quite frankly at this point in my life I'm not going to listen to someone complain that I get up in the morning early to hit the gym instead of eating too many pancakes.

One can never eat too many pancakes, especially if they go to the gym daily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 10:11 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
One can never eat too many pancakes, especially if they go to the gym daily.
Very true, maybe he meant he waits until after the gym to eat his pancakes?

Old 02-19-2014, 10:55 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Oh, you still can eat too many. I can't afford the carbs.

Love em though.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:58 AM

Assuming there is real maple syrup of course.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:35 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Assuming there is real maple syrup of course.

Okay, the most important question now is, when there is real maple syrup and real butter and real pancakes and you go to the gym to workout daily and your girl goes with you.........

Is it tacky to use a coupon from IHOP on a first breakfast date?

Old 02-19-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Okay, the most important question now is, when there is real maple syrup and real butter and real pancakes and you go to the gym to workout daily and your girl goes with you.........

I wouldn't go to IHOP, so it is a non issue. I'm not even sure there is one near me. There are so many great brunch places (I like a Portuguese spot the best), that I couldn't even fathom going to a chain for breakfast (or any meal really). Other than groupon and living social which I haven't used forever I don't know of places that offer coupons around here.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:41 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
If someone is paying for my meal I don't particularly care how they are paying for it. I eat for free.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:54 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,299,015 times
I initially read the title as "Okay to use a condom for a first dinner date?" The first answer that I typed would not have made much sense as a response to the actual question.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:58 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
I can't believe how shallow some people are.
First girls say that they can be taken out to a walk at the park, look at a sunset, etc. because it won’t cost men any money at all and men shouldn’t be embarrassed to take them out on free activities if they don’t have money. Then you ask if its ok to use a coupon and hell breaks loose or they get too picky about it complaining if the restaurant is a chain restaurant or not, if its fast food or not, etc. I thought the most important thing was to spend time with that guy who interests them.

Like I said before, when I have been asked out the last thing that crosses my mind is how much it cost her (or me, or both of us), what ingredient the food is made of, if it’s a chain restaurant or not, etc. I am actually in cloud nine excited to be with the person I like and who also likes me (reason why she asked me out or vice versa).

Old 02-19-2014, 11:58 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
Quote:

Trick question! IHOP doesn't offer real maple syrup.

Don't judge me!

I love pancakes... I have a recipe for light pancakes though. I think they are "light" because they are fluffy (full of air pockets) and have less mass (and therefore less carbs/calories/ and the like). Maybe I will make them for dinner tonight. Breakfast for dinner! Beats the heck out of what I was going to cook. I am even going to wear my PJs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships