Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2014, 08:24 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
That's why I said that the question wasn't proposed to debate the merits of what either gender is looking for...we know those are different. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It's not particularly baffling why a woman would be more hesitant to accept sex from a rando than a man would. We get pregnant while you can disappear. You give us STDs more easily than the other way around. You are usually stronger than we are and could probably overpower us if you wanted to. It's more likely that you'll be done in five minutes while we are just getting started. All in all, rando sex is a crapshoot at best for women. For guys, hey, it's a warm hole and you can ghost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
Did you hear that? It was the point sailing over your head.
Pretty much. Julia, nobody's arguing WHY it works this way. It's totally understandable, for the reasons you listed and then some. Rather, the point was that women overestimate men's success in such matters (and again, men do the same to women on different topics) It has nothing to do with a gender having it "easier" or "harder".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 08:26 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Quote:
Pretty much. Julia, nobody's arguing WHY it works this way. It's totally understandable, for the reasons you listed and then some. Rather, the point was that women overestimate men's success in such matters (and again, men do the same to women on different topics)
Honestly - I don't really CARE about men's "success" rates in such matters. Let me put it this way - do you care about women's "success" rates in getting guys to marry them? I don't really feel bad if men aren't able to get women to sleep with them shortly after meeting them or not.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you and I were having a conversation. You haven't approached women in several years, right? You refuse to try because you're convinced you'll fail, so it seems to me there's no reasoning with you.

Oh wait ... are you the 50-year-old who wants a 20-year-old prude for training and bondage sexcapades? That's just a big bundle of cognitive dissonance right there.
No - that's someone else. He's the guy who hates women because of his ex, wants nothing more to do with women ever again, is miserable but is comfortable in his misery and has no desire to change anything.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:37 AM

339 posts, read 379,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Honestly - I don't really CARE about men's "success" rates in such matters. Let me put it this way - do you care about women's "success" rates in getting guys to marry them? I don't really feel bad if men aren't able to get women to sleep with them shortly after meeting them or not.
You succeeded in one thing....namely, avoiding the topic completely.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:38 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
Quote:
Pretty much. Julia, nobody's arguing WHY it works this way. It's totally understandable, for the reasons you listed and then some. Rather, the point was that women overestimate men's success in such matters (and again, men do the same to women on different topics)
I feel for you guys. I hate approaching and would not have the guts to do this experiment. I definitely would never do the open proposition experiment--can you imagine having to deal with the fallout of telling them, "Just kidding, this was an experiment, no sex for you"? Ugh.

There's a thread about feeling sexy on a regular basis, and a few women and I said that we don't try to be sexy all the time. I don't put my flirt on most of the time because I don't want to give a man the wrong idea or have to turn him down, because I know some are looking for that welcoming smile or direct eye contact. It's not predatorial, I know, just recognizing an opportunity. I went to a bar with my sister to play pool and a couple of guys came to talk to us. We both felt bad telling them we were married, although they weren't rude or anything. It's harsh terrain for you ... I totally sympathize.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
You succeeded in one thing....namely, avoiding the topic completely.
It all boils down to the same thing with you - so it's pretty pointless but what topic? The OP's topic? I've already addressed that. The topic about men not being able to take home as many women for a one night stand as the other way around? I addressed that, too. What topic am I supposed to address?

Old 02-19-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
It all boils down to the same thing with you - so it's pretty pointless but what topic? The OP's topic? I've already addressed that. The topic about men not being able to take home as many women for a one night stand as the other way around? I addressed that, too. What topic am I supposed to address?

The point of the posted studies that hivemind asked for was that women generate interest and attraction from the opposite sex far more easily than the other way around.

It's a pretty obvious thing, but all the women here seem to dispute it.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
The point of the posted studies that hivemind asked for was that women generate interest and attraction from the opposite sex far more easily than the other way around.

It's a pretty obvious thing, but all the women here seem to dispute it.
I'm not disputing anything. I'm saying that what makes one successful is different for all people. I also think that interest and attraction are generated differently for both sexes. I can't speak for all women - I can only speak for myself - but I usually need more than just a look at someone to be interested in them. When I used to go out, did far more guys check me out than the other way around? Yes. Did I get approached all the time? Yes. But it didn't matter because I've always been in relationships - and from men that I got to know gradually, not guys who hit on me.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
I'm not disputing anything. I'm saying that what makes one successful is different for all people. I also think that interest and attraction are generated differently for both sexes. I can't speak for all women - I can only speak for myself - but I usually need more than just a look at someone to be interested in them. When I used to go out, did far more guys check me out than the other way around? Yes. Did I get approached all the time? Yes. But it didn't matter because I've always been in relationships - and from men that I got to know gradually, not guys who hit on me.
Good....finally.

Let the proclamation be carried swiftly afoot to the four corners of the empire, that on this 19th day of February, in our Lord's year of 2014 that one of the women on CD-R, after much tribulation, admitted that women have it far easier in dating than men.

!!!!

Old 02-19-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Good....finally.

Let the proclamation be carried swiftly afoot to the four corners of the empire, that on this 19th day of February, in our Lord's year of 2014 that one of the women on CD-R, after much tribulation, admitted that women have it far easier in dating than men.

!!!!
What the hell are you talking about? I've said over and over that some PEOPLE have it easier and some PEOPLE have it harder. Most PEOPLE that I know didn't meet their SO's from cold approaches. You were specifically talking about generating initial attraction. Yes - I generated more initial attraction than I felt for others. I'm not that much of a visual person. I don't see how you can read my post and then posit that I've said that women have it far easier in dating than men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships