Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 12:46 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seany85 View Post
This is a question to the women here on this board.

Say you met a guy, he's tall, attractive, physically fit, neat and clean, decent personality, sweet, charming, intelligent, decent size penis, good lover (i.e. attentive, giving, open, etc.). But he has one major flaw. He's unemployed.

Would you date him?
Why is he unemployed? Is he lazy? Has he inherited a fortune? Does he feel he's too good to work for someone else?

If it's economy related and he's consistently looking for prospects and applies for any type of job so he has income then that's different. If it's this option, then yes, I'd date him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 12:59 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
I dated a man who was unemployed. He retired from the Navy and was in search of work.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:04 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,538,194 times
Quote:

Say you met a guy, he's tall, attractive, physically fit, neat and clean, decent personality, sweet, charming, intelligent, decent size penis, good lover (i.e. attentive, giving, open, etc.). But he has one major flaw. He's unemployed.

Would you date him?
I take it your description of this man is purely hypothetical.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:13 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times
A man who is unemployed has tons of time to go to the gym and look good as long as he has a little bit saved. When I was in college I was able to hit the gym for 2 hrs a day 5-6 days a week because I did not have a full time job and the school provided a gym right there. He also has the time to go out and about because he is not at work. These guys are total bums so if you want some sex and to support him I suppose it could work. But men are a dime a dozen in the USA, especially if the woman is hot.

It also depends on if this guy is a degreed professional with all the respectable certs and is just taking a leave of absence and can walk into a GOOD job tomorrow or if he is one of these GED types who worked "mechanicing" odd jobs over the year, everyone knows what im talking about.

Its a womans world which is why a lot of men have checked out, at least when it was a mans world a woman could still have a man and be a house wife.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:47 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
This is a question that I ask myself,
often lately
I want a man who's not afraid
of hard work....
who earns his way through life.
I guess I'm old fashioned....
but there's something respectable
about that to me.
I love when a man has the discipline,
dedication & maturity
to maintain a decent living.
Not that I need his money--
but if I'm working, he should be

Old 02-21-2014, 03:15 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,640,814 times
Quote:

Would you date him?
It depends on what he's doing while unemployed that shows he's capable of providing for others - volunteer work, farming, caregiving, for example - and what his ambitions are. I don't even think it's usual for unemployed men to even be seeking any serious relationship. But casual dating, eh. I don't see why his employment would matter just for having a companion to go to the movies with.

I know a man who has been voluntarily unemployed for five years. He's a lawyer with a law degree from a prestigious school, but he was unhappy, even though he was practically rich. So he quit and has been doing volunteer work and learning new trades and skills with his time. I do adore him as we've been friends for years, but he'd never cross that line with me until he's gotten himself back together. Having work gives men confidence and self esteem to put themselves out there to women they really care about.

I think men without that confidence and self esteem - that being able to provide gives - who look for women to date are never seeking serious relationships, but just someone to play with.

Last edited by Yiuppy; 02-21-2014 at 03:30 PM..

Old 02-21-2014, 03:26 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
Dating Chances Bleak for Unemployed | Job Search

75% of women report that they would not date a man who was unemployed.
Where I'm from this is bull. However for many women the simple fact that he is good looking or bad boy type is a huge trade off if the guy is unemployed or broke. From my observation many women do not mind.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:36 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,164,627 times
I would not date someone unemployed unless he was:

*Independently extremely wealthy (and smart with his money), but still did something worthwhile with his time and gave back to society
*Actively searching for employment
*Staying home taking care of my children while I was working making more money to provide for us
*Disabled/Ill

The last two are pretty much strictly marriage situations.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:12 PM

213 posts, read 376,817 times
Hell no, never.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:15 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:

Would you date him?
um.... if I'd just met a guy, I wouldn't know what size his P is, hopefully....

If he said he was in-between jobs, and was job-hunting, I'd at least have a coffee with him to see what he has to say for himself. People are unemployed these days, it's not a crime. And btw, it's the "sweet, intelligent, attentive, giving, open" part that got my attention. That's more than just a "decent" personality, that's better than average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships