Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 05:18 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,298,806 times

Advertisements

Well Keith, hopefully you've took steps to address your debilitating social anxiety since your last post. i.e. sought professional help. Once you've got a handle on that, you would have less problems with women, and life in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 02:20 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,266,533 times
OP probably should lower his standards

Old 05-10-2017, 03:25 PM

13,262 posts, read 7,988,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ygufty View Post
Great information, thanks. I might have to elaborate on how severe my social anxiety is (and was).

Because of social anxiety, I:

-Didn't drive until 26 (feared people in other cars watching me at stoplights)
-Could not go into any public place alone until I was 20 (feared my parents leaving me)
-Still can't make friends
-Most times I didn't say a single word in school the entire day
-Failed alot of classes because I was afraid to do the final presentation
-Didn't have any friends in school
-Could not eat lunch in the cafeteria for years because of worrying (panic) about where to sit
-Didn't even find girls attractive when I was in school
-In school some of the kids were afraid of me because I didn't talk

There's alot more, but I think you get the idea. Since then I worked hard to get to where I am today, but that hasn't translated over to interactions with women.

I think women look for that confidence (opposite of social anxiety), that's what turns them on. they can spot fake confidence a mile away and it turns them off.

I would say confidence is one of the biggest attractors of all.

That said...look at all the things you USED to not be able to do, and think about how FAR YOU'VE COME!

You can't run until you walk, can't walk until you crawl, so to speak...but you are doing it! Having the DESIRE for interaction is important too, and you're there. Desiring the interaction is motivating you to seek answers...all of these things are getting you out the door, and that's very very brave. I'm totally serious. 21, 31, 41...we all start somewhere.

You said you have a job, friends and family...ask them for pointers, and/or ask someone to be your 'wing man' when you go out.

You've got a lot more going on than you think you do. :-)

Old 05-11-2017, 07:36 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,266,533 times
"It probably varied from culture to culture but I'm sure combat and perhaps killing had something to do with it and no there was no approaching as we do it today back then."

apparently thats how the human mating dance, courtship ritual was a very long time ago, thats what i heard

Old 05-11-2017, 09:03 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,847,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I would say confidence is one of the biggest attractors of all.

That said...look at all the things you USED to not be able to do, and think about how FAR YOU'VE COME!

You can't run until you walk, can't walk until you crawl, so to speak...but you are doing it! Having the DESIRE for interaction is important too, and you're there. Desiring the interaction is motivating you to seek answers...all of these things are getting you out the door, and that's very very brave. I'm totally serious. 21, 31, 41...we all start somewhere.

You said you have a job, friends and family...ask them for pointers, and/or ask someone to be your 'wing man' when you go out.

You've got a lot more going on than you think you do. :-)
Aw! That was really nice!
OP there are compassionate and understanding people in the world. There are people just like you. Maybe try OLD and write a super honest profile page so that someone like you, or some who likes you understands what you've been through. Everyone has things to work on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships