Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 10:22 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,201,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
How creepy are you hoping to look? Just wondering..
I am not creepy at all. Frankly I find them creepy. If you're going to look at me at least smile but looking at me without any expression is creepy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 10:24 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,910,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
I am not creepy at all. Frankly I find them creepy. If you're going to look at me at least smile but looking at me without any expression is creepy.
For all you know they're not even looking at you. If you ask them you're just going to look like an idiot. Then you're going to just have a bunch of people nervous to be near you

Old 02-22-2014, 10:40 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,441,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post

As an aside, are people really this clueless?
yes

Old 02-22-2014, 10:42 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Weird. I never think people are looking at me. What is it with people who assume they're always being watched. Big ego?

Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me - YouTube

Old 02-22-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Sorry but you are incorrect. I get looked at while running on the treadmill by women either on my left or right. I get the feeling I am being watched and i watch them looking at me. That's when I get caught and our eyes meet. I always get looked as I am walking past the elipticals, women look down at me and watch me walk by. I look up at them our eyes meet, then I look away. Then when I look up they are still looking.
Please post a photo of yourself. I would like to see why every lady is turning their head to look at you walk on by.

Last edited by TVC15; 02-22-2014 at 10:57 PM..

Old 02-22-2014, 10:57 PM

458 posts, read 644,470 times
It means your balls are flopping out of your trousers.
Wear track pants at the gym instead of shorts.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:03 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,156,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSloan View Post
It means your balls are flopping out of your trousers.
Wear track pants at the gym instead of shorts.
I hate it when that happens.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:46 AM

12,963 posts, read 9,639,296 times
Op, are you telling us everything and not leaving out some small details. This just sounds a little odd the more I think about it. I never see that at my gym, then again I don't be watching who is watching me. When you are running on the treadmill, are you running in a full all out gallop style, or a fast paced sprint vs a regular sprint. Anything other than a regular sprint or jog could cause people you stare if they are on the machines right next to you. I ask that because I saw this guy doing this at my gym. I was in the weight room one morning and I started hearing this loud noise coming from treadmill area. It was distracting, so I walked around there to see what was going on. I saw this guy running all out, like he was running for his life and he held that pace for a few minutes. Another guy told me that is how he finish his run every morning by going all out. That made a lot of noise on the treadmill running like that, the guy wasn't making any noticeable loud noise, but the machine was loud as heck.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:06 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,725,052 times
Possible reasons:

Fellow gym goer, looking around at other gym goers.

They may have some idle curiosity about you, depending on if that person is "single and looking"

They may not smile because they don't want it to look like they're coming onto you.

They may be studying your routine and want to copy some part of it.

They may just be a b*** attempting to intimidate others with scornful looks and stares.

Oh yeah, last two reasons: They may be h***ny and sizing you up so to speak, or depending on how you look, they may consider you "eye candy"

Since you don't know if ANY of the above is true, let it roll off your back, put it out of your mind and just focus on your workout. If someone is attracted to you, they will work up the courage to either approach you, or act approachable to you.

Focus on your workout and pretty much keeping to yourself, though. There is so much raging egomania sloshing around in the gym, it takes very little for a person to think you're a "perv" or that you're coming onto them.

If you don't like being viewed that way (I don't) keep to yourself somewhat.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:43 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,059,854 times
Sounds like someone is going fishing!

Maybe you have some kind of awful gait when you run (in their opinion)
You stink (in their opinion)
You look like a freak (in their opinion)
You walk around thinking highly of yourself and it shows (in their opinion)
They are laughing at you on the inside
They are zoned out
They are trying to see what settings you have your treadmill on

They are just waiting for this to happen so they can catch it on their iphone:

Best Fails Ever (Treadmill Fails Compilation) - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships