Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 03:08 PM

6 posts, read 5,585 times

Advertisements

Sorry to engulf this thread with cheeziness to for starters.lol. Anyway, if anyone is in or has been in a long distance relationship maybe you can help. The situation is me and my GF had our biggest fight a couple of weeks ago. Neither of us have tried to speak to each other since. My distance is basically because I'm usually the bigger person with conflict and feels she needs to own up to things. Getting to the point, she actually mailed a pair of old gym shorts to me. A bit unnecessary if you ask me. MY friend says its her wanting my attention. I kind of figured its her way of basically saying it were OVER. Any thoughts? Women can be soo confusing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 03:15 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Personally, I would have washed my car with them if I was trying to remove any memories of an ex from my life. No sense in going through the trouble to mail them.

With that said, I think she's trying to get your attention but she doesn't want to be the one to cave. If you want to open up the lines of communication then contact her. If you are thrilled that she is out of your life then ignore her childish attempts. That will probably eat her up!

Old 02-22-2014, 03:17 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
The way you wrote it, I can't really tell what the problem is.

But if you haven't spoken in a few weeks and she's mailing your stuff back to you, it IS over.

Life is too short for LDRs anyway.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
The way you wrote it, I can't really tell what the problem is.

But if you haven't spoken in a few weeks and she's mailing your stuff back to you, it IS over.

Life is too short for LDRs anyway.

Well we've been together for a couple years and we were only supposed to be long distance only untill i completed my internship for grad school in April. I want to be with my girl/ex but can't be the one fixing the relationship all the time. If she wants to end it like that then w/e but I'd like her to want to fight for our relationship such I have in the past

Old 02-22-2014, 03:29 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisGuy101 View Post
Well we've been together for a couple years and we were only supposed to be long distance only untill i completed my internship for grad school in April. I want to be with my girl/ex but can't be the one fixing the relationship all the time. If she wants to end it like that then w/e but I'd like her to want to fight for our relationship such I have in the past
What you want her to do and what she wants to do are apparantly two different things.

Also one should not have to "fight" for a relationship to keep a relationship.
Everyone has issues, it is human nature and part of being a couple but from what you have written so far this relationship is not going to withstand the long distance and time necessary to stay together.
Especially if you have not spoken in weeks, use the shorts to wash the car, cut contact and move on.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:32 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,071 times
At this point you have nothing to lose. Practice your communication skills by calling her and telling her how you feel. It could be good practice for the next lady if this relationship is over for her. Doors are going to open for you in the lady department when you start grad school.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
At this point you have nothing to lose. Practice your communication skills by calling her and telling her how you feel. It could be good practice for the next lady if this relationship is over for her. Doors are going to open for you in the lady department when you start grad school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
What you want her to do and what she wants to do are apparently two different things.

Also one should not have to "fight" for a relationship to keep a relationship.
Everyone has issues, it is human nature and part of being a couple but from what you have written so far this relationship is not going to withstand the long distance and time necessary to stay together.
Especially if you have not spoken in weeks, use the shorts to wash the car, cut contact and move on.

By fighting I mean I mean I use all my resources and energy to make this relationship work. And I'm completing grad school in April, not starting. I have been offered a high salary job already that I hoped could solidify our future. But without digressing, after a stupid argument a while back she offered to give back the key to my place. A little over dramatic for the situation at the time. So when getting a pair of old work out shorts in the mail that wasn't even worth the the cost of shipping I feel there is more to it. Is she taunting me or is this her unimpressive way of trying to communicate?

lastly, its been technically a week and a half, if that makes a difference

Old 02-22-2014, 03:47 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisGuy101 View Post
Sorry to engulf this thread with cheeziness to for starters.lol. Anyway, if anyone is in or has been in a long distance relationship maybe you can help. The situation is me and my GF had our biggest fight a couple of weeks ago. Neither of us have tried to speak to each other since. My distance is basically because I'm usually the bigger person with conflict and feels she needs to own up to things. Getting to the point, she actually mailed a pair of old gym shorts to me. A bit unnecessary if you ask me. MY friend says its her wanting my attention. I kind of figured its her way of basically saying it were OVER. Any thoughts? Women can be soo confusing
I recommend calling her and ask her what's going on.

[end the speculation]

Old 02-22-2014, 03:50 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,071 times
I dunno. I'd probably mess with her a little bit and send something equally confusing to her in the mail. LOLOL

Old 02-22-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I dunno. I'd probably mess with her a little bit and send something equally confusing to her in the mail. LOLOL
LMAO!!!!! but seriously
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships