Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 06:09 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,653,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexbmx View Post
Ok heres the story: I meet girl a while back. She's great. We have chemistry, i dont escalate physically enough with her (too scared. put her on a pedestal) and then i get put in friendzone. We stay close talking a lot. Last summer she falls HARD for this other guy. He treats her really bad, doesnt appreciate her, makes fun of her, makes her cry etc. She tried to deny her feelings for him to me a long time but I finally got her to admit it. She tells me that everything in her knows the guys is terrible for her but she cant seem to let him go. He's all she want. Meanwhile she is always telling the guy how amazing he is and how he is all she needs.

Recently she called crying because he hurt her and that he is such a jerk to her. I begin to break it down to her how she is wasting her emotions on a guy who will never care the right way about her. I tell her its like giving precious jewels to someone and they throw them in the trash everytime. She seemed to listen to me and said Im 100% right and she needs to walk away. She said she doesnt think she can leave him and I told her that im pretty sure they have been very physical and that is the reason she cant let him go. She is a very modest girl so he got her to be physical and she is hooked on him now.

Anyway, it kind of kills me to be so deep in the friendzone with her but something in me wants to hang on and see her through this. I guess part of me wonders if she'll see what she has with me once she finally gets away from that jerk. I know its a bad place to be but its hard for me to just leave her and not talk to he anymore. I feel like I'll be the one who feels the loss more than her. Do you guys think i should just try to be there for her, to be more distant or should i just walk away completely?

thank you

Don't waste your time thinking you will be anything more than a friend when this dude dumps her.Find someone who wants to be with you. Sorry to be so harsh but just move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 07:00 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
Don't waste anymore time on this thread. The OP is as pathetic and weak as the woman he's chasing, like a lost little puppy dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships