Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 05:09 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Violence will never get you anywhere.
Well, actually it does, which is the reason nations have armies and why police carry guns. Violence solved a couple of problems in WWII, for instance, and it settled what the governing philosophy of Vietnam would be.

But I wasn't making the point that violence is a good thing, only that back in the day when the term "homewrecker" was used, there were other things different about society as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 05:12 PM

339 posts, read 379,741 times
Quote:
Violence will never get you anywhere.
There are only two metrics that guide all of human interaction. They are violence and reason, or some blend of the two. It's as true today as it has ever been.

Contrary to your feel-good cliché, violence has accomplished a h*ll of a lot throughout human history.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:15 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,937,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
There are only two metrics that guide all of human interaction. They are violence and reason, or some blend of the two. It's as true today as it has ever been.

Contrary to your feel-good cliché, violence has accomplished a h*ll of a lot throughout human history.
I was actually quoting Doctor Who in that instance.

But in the context of killing someone who sleeps with your spouse, violence is neither excusable nor a good accomplishment.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:25 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Am I the only one who noticed this lol? Were quick to throw that label on females who sleep with married men but never with men who sleep with married women. Is there a reason for this or just a coincidence?
Women are often blamed for men's sexual behavior, on the theory that men are unable to curb their sexual urges, while women are. It is rubbish.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:38 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Before men and boys turned so soft, they used to kill or physically hurt other men who slept with their woman.
Men have not gone soft, we live in fear of our over bearing militarized police force. If I were to set up with a sniper rifle and take out the guy that slept with my ex before we were divorced I woudl have a white knight swat team and my door. I am pretty sure in Russia things like this are alot more lax.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:42 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Am I the only one who noticed this lol? Were quick to throw that label on females who sleep with married men but never with men who sleep with married women. Is there a reason for this or just a coincidence?
It's a term typically used by women to police one another. I don't hear men use it very much.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post

Now days in the information age, you would have to be able to kill alot of people before law enforement was off your rear and you could go about your daily life. Local law enforcement shares info with swat and with federal agents if they need help from there, if they deem you a high enough threat they can bring in a helicopter or a armored car.

All that just for the satisfaction of shooting your wifes lover? I will pass. The thing you can control is who benifits from your labor. The guy that went to the phillipines had the right idea, dont let them make you a slave.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Not a good reason for violence.
It actually is but the consequences are not worth it. Back in the day before we had the NSA and militarized police it would be totally worth it. Its why govts are so scared of nukes becasue nukes and chemical weapons are the only way for a group of a few to gain autonomy from a group of many.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:50 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,083,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Before men and boys turned so soft, they used to kill or physically hurt other men who slept with their woman.
Well, a good butt kicking would suffice. Extra hurt if he knew my wife was married.

Double extra hurt if I know the guy.

Have to think about being arrested though.

Hmmm.....jail time, criminal record, fines, etc.

Maybe the best thing to do is.......walk away.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:54 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Well, a good butt kicking would suffice. Extra hurt if he knew my wife was married.

Double extra hurt if I know the guy.
And if he really didn't know she was married because she lied to him and told him ''I'm single'' and didn't go with her ring on during that whole time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships