Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 07:31 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,992 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I broke up. I spent some time with an ex boyfriend from a couple years ago. I was upset about my break up and called him and he took me out and we talked. He is telling me I do not have to be alone (I didn't have anyone for 2 years and I got really sick of it. Maybe I'm one of those women who can't be without a man, well obviously I can but I strongly prefer to be with one. Life is too short to be alone.) he is willing to get back in to a relationship with me.
I know I'm vulnerable. Just got cheated on (and no, for anyone reading my posts, I did not tell the husband of the girl involved.) and this ex was very flirty with women too. This adds up to me having trust issues which I will probably have with anyone but I will try not to take out what the last guy did to me on the next.
We have always loved each other. Well, I know I've always loved him. With him, I think it's more of a thinking thing, he knows I'm a good woman- at any given time I am the best one around him so he is always willing to stop dating and commit to me. I'm trying to be honest here and honest with myself. I want to focus on he knows I'm the best thing he's got , rather than the many women he flirts with. A flirt is not a cheater.
We have good chemistry, he is a hard worker, responsible and good to his family. He is a good listener , funny and patient. He is willing to marry me (in a couple years) and with our combined income and assets, we could have a secure future.
Besides that he does like to drink.
I know you guys can be harsh on here so I expect I will get all kinds of answers. That is ok. I just need someone to give me opinions. My best friend did not recommend we get back together. This is because he said I can't handle this man's flirting. I do get emotional about it. I know he wants me and has always wanted me and I am hoping that idea will help me keep my emotions under control. Thoughts?
He's not my only option and I'm really leaning towards all this "be an independent woman , be alone" stuff is BS. Been there , done that and it sucked.

Last edited by lastwomanstanding; 02-26-2014 at 07:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 07:46 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Why is he your ex??

That should answer your question about SHOULD you go out with him.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:49 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,992 times
Because I couldn't handle his flirting with other women. I had a hard time trusting him. I have a hard time trusting in general, so we fought too much. I know he hasn't changed, I'm being realistic. No one is perfect.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:59 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,071 times
Ever see the movie Groundhog Day?

Old 02-26-2014, 08:01 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Isn't it a bit alarming that you need a forum to make a decision like this?

Old 02-26-2014, 08:15 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Its terrible that people will knowingly go into a bad situation for the fear of being alone

Good Luck, OP

Old 02-26-2014, 08:18 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Yes you should definitely start a relationship with another guy who flirts with other women immediately after you just break up with the guy who has cheated on you. That makes perfect sense to a person with the EQ of an ant.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:20 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Work on your issue before allowing another person in your life. You are doing nobody a favor by knowingly having trust related problems that they will have to deal with.

It's not fair to anyone and you are asking them to put up with it as part of the package.

Once you are in the process of working yourself out the answers to "who should I have a relationship with" will answer themselves

Old 02-26-2014, 08:22 AM

943 posts, read 1,004,102 times
LWS, after reading about your anger and resentment toward the guy who is cheating on you now, I would very strongly suggest going it without a boyfriend for a while.
It seems like you are setting yourself up for another unhealthy dynamic. Whether or not you like it, you've been hurt, and the new'old' guy is going to be the target of your feelings, even though being with someone new after you've been cheated on can make you feel good for a while, it won't fix whats wrong, and you'll end up not trusting anyone...still.
That position of being suspicious all the time is NOT a good place to start a relationship.
You have to learn to trust yourself and your strength, and your own abilities, if you are leaning on someone else to do it for you, you'll always be vulnurable, or feeling vulnerable...
Trust me, being without a partner isn't the end of the world, the character and strength you develope will help you to be a more loving and trusting partner yourself, instead of expecting the worst.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:23 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
No. That would be incredibly stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships