Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you date a 30 year old virgin?
Yes 86 58.50%
No 61 41.50%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 06:03 PM

16,233 posts, read 27,273,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
This thread is fascinating to me... between some of the comments, and the poll. I never knew that many women sex shamed male virgins. It's up to 44 pct now, saying no. This is partially changing my opinion on some things and where we're at now in regards to male / female relations.

Yeah I mean it's kind of weird for a guy to be a virgin at that age, but I didn't think that many women would be so shallow about it. I don't see how women can say they don't think it's fair for them to be judged for their sexual history, when obviously, a high percentage of women are judging men for theirs.
This isn't about sex shaming male virgins to me - the poll asked if I would date a 30 year old virgin. I answered no. Not to shame, but because I'm at a stage in my life where I have already had three committed relationships of my own. For me to date a guy, he not only has to be experienced with intercourse, he has to have experience with at least one committed relationship. I'm in my 40s and I date guys within a five year older/younger range, and a man in his 40s who has yet to even try a committed relationship means he is toxic to me. Either he's afraid of commitment, a player, too picky, or fill in the blank. Not interested. Has nothing to do with shaming anyone, it is my preference to which I am (and everyone else is) entitled to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2017, 12:43 PM

212 posts, read 158,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
This thread is fascinating to me... between some of the comments, and the poll. I never knew that many women sex shamed male virgins. It's up to 44 pct now, saying no. This is partially changing my opinion on some things and where we're at now in regards to male / female relations.

Yeah I mean it's kind of weird for a guy to be a virgin at that age, but I didn't think that many women would be so shallow about it. I don't see how women can say they don't think it's fair for them to be judged for their sexual history, when obviously, a high percentage of women are judging men for theirs.
So true.

Old 11-11-2017, 02:44 PM

3 posts, read 10,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kCity33 View Post
i think an issue could be is that while yes....you dont have to tell the person you are a virgin...it might end up being obvious once they begin having sex if it gets to that point. i think thats mainly why some virgins bring it up. basically better to for them to know ur a virgin than them possibly thinking ur terrible in bed.
Yeah, exactly. I don't want her to think "what the hell is he doing?" while we are having sex. This is the main reason why I would bring it up. I wish I wouldn't have to menation my verginity at all but I don't think I can "perform" that good and somehow hide the fact that I'm a virgin. I'm pretty sure she will notice it or "feel" it, I don't know.

Also, hi, I'm the guy who brought this thread to life a week ago or something and I'm a virgin too in my early 30s.

English isn't my native language, you probably can tell already. Don't judge me please.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:43 PM

34 posts, read 30,360 times
If I was single, yes I would.

Old 11-17-2017, 12:19 PM

212 posts, read 158,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond03 View Post
If I was single, yes I would.
Would you mind me asking how old are you and why.

Old 11-17-2017, 02:16 PM

6,512 posts, read 8,293,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Right. Which is why you don't need to announce it. People DO have prejudices, but it is of no consequence if they DON'T know beforehand.

You are pre-empting yourself.
Off Topic -

Your new name is going to take some getting used to!

Old 11-21-2017, 01:34 AM

2,129 posts, read 1,761,282 times
NO.

Because I don't date men half my age.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:14 PM

104 posts, read 95,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
Say he's a virgin not for religious reasons but just because he hasn't had much luck with women. Would you still date him?
If he was otherwise awesome, sure.

True story: the one major relationship I ever had was with a guy who was a virgin. He was 21, very shy, and I was 25. He knew he didn't know anything but was willing to learn. That was a lot better for me than some guy who's done it like a million times and just goes at it like a robot. We were intensely into each other and the sex was white-hot.

Fond memories.

Old 11-23-2017, 12:12 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,301,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Screami ...

If you went to a restaurant and the server told you that it was your chef's first night in a professional kitchen ... Would you stay seated, or would you think about getting up and walking out?

What if the server didn't tell you, but your meal came out and it was good? Would you even care about how many days your chef had worked in the kitchen? Would you be pissed? Would you protest that you should have been given a choice beforehand?

Your "virgin status" is not a disease. You don't have to have informed consent for someone to sleep with you.

Why are you framing it that way?????
There are just so many ways that this can be taken the wrong way.

I'm kidding by the way.

You know, I was a virgin...or so I thought until the age of 28 (I saw some really suspicious baby pictures that suggest I may have been gettin' my groove on then). I thought it was going to be a big deal, but it turned out it wasn't. She was ok with it. Wasn't anything special.

Old 11-23-2017, 12:45 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,382,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
NO.

Because I don't date men half my age.
Lol, that means nothing.

I'm willing to bet more people around that age that you're thinking of are virgins, and you'd probably never know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships