Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 03:02 PM

541 posts, read 860,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
^Yes, we're a niche demographic.

Of course, it takes more than having this one thing in common for a relationship to develop with someone-
and those additional requirements/preferences reduce the pool of possible mutually interested persons further.
I couldn't agree with you more. The few times I did go to a Childfree "get-together", it ended up being a disappointing experience. Someone I chatted with at one event whom I shared my experiences with (and commiserated with what I experienced) had us come to the conclusion that the only thing as a group we have in common is being Childfree. Everything else is different about us and that makes connecting hard to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 06:07 PM

421 posts, read 676,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley868 View Post
I'm having the same problem except I can't find a guy who doesn't want kids. At my age it seems like a lot of men want to settle down and have kids. Whenever I tell people I don't want kids, they tell me that I don't know what I want with my life then... This isn't potential men either since I haven't dated for a while, it's everyone else. People who really have no business talking about it anyway. I'm not too sure why other people care so much. Not really sure how this will come up with a guy in conversation.
That's rude of them. I'm sorry about that. It sounds like they are trying to justify their own decisions.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:14 PM

788 posts, read 1,271,274 times
I'm 34 and don't particularly want kids and I've been on dating sites. I met a guy at a networking event a few months ago, we hit it off, and I told him I didn't want kids. He insisted that I did, told me I'd make an excellent mother, and tried convincing me that I just hadn't met the right person yet, and that when I do, I'll want kids. I'm not convinced.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:42 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,505,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramateacher74 View Post
Hello all,

I'm a 39 year old teacher. I've lived in Dallas for four years. I'm divorced and I've re-entered the dating scene. I'm looking for someone who doesn't have or want kids and I'm having a terrible time finding someone. I've been on Match, OKCupid, Plenty of Fish, Zoosk and even a few childfree dating websites that look like they haven't been updated in years. I'm part of several groups on Meetup.com. And yet, I'm still single.

My problem is that it seems like it's almost impossible to find women who don't have AND don't want kids (and who don't smoke, but that's another problem). So I'm throwing it out for any realistic suggestions the message board might have. I can supply more details (within reason), but I'll say that although I like kids and teach them, I do not want any of my own. I enjoy a quiet and chaos free home life and I love being able to go out to concerts, plays/musicals, movies, etc. without having to plan, get a babysitter, or worry about the child.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.
There is a childfree dating site? Well, I am 36 and looking for the same thing as you. I am in a suburb of Houston. I believe both of these major cities are family oriented but with the high population, there are plenty of single women without kids. Generally in their 20s though. Do you meet people through meetup.com?

Old 03-01-2014, 10:45 PM

I also notice that Caucasians may be the only Race you would have the best chance with no kids and does not want any.

Latinas, Asians (South & East), African-Americans seem to want kids.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:28 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,823,988 times
OP would you date older? I would think if a women is 45 and does not have kids there is more of chance she would be ok with not having any in the future. I am 35 and don't want children and like other replies here there are other younger women who don't. I would think you will just have to go out on a dates and state how you feel. I don't online date so had no clue there were sites for people who don't want kids. In everyday life I don't think there is a specific place to meet someone who does not want kids.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:47 AM

8 Reasons Why Intelligent And Financially Stable People Don

Old 03-02-2014, 11:14 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,366,573 times
C-D thread on similar, but not identical, topic:
Does anyone else not really enjoy being around kids?
Recent op-ed article by a woman who chose not to have kids:
9 reasons not having kids is the best decision I ever made - Salon.com

Old 03-03-2014, 01:54 AM

639 posts, read 678,387 times
Lot's of women don't want kids. You just need to find the right girl. Some women just want a husband, and it's not very rare at all. There are plenty of women who are loving, generous, nurturing, nice who just don't want the responsibility of raising children. You don't want to raise a child (adult). Is it fair to assume that you aren't a kind, loving, considerate man because you don't want to have kids?

To put it in another way...
Women, just like you, can be kind, loving, sweet, talkative, whatever, while acknowledging that the immense responsibility of raising children just isn't for them. It isn't as if women who want children are automatically loving people and women who don't are heartless *******. Would you want women to assume that you're unable to commit, selfish, <insert undesirable partner trait here> because you don't to have kids?
If you make an effort to look, you'll find plenty of women who have those traits you're looking for, who also seek to be childless.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:58 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,272 times
I second a woman says she does not want kids it is over and will just sleep with her until i meet a woman that does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships