Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is he interested?
Nope, not interested. 2 22.22%
He's interested. 3 33.33%
He's interested but shy. 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 05:58 PM

596 posts, read 627,678 times

Advertisements

I've been single for sometime now and am ready to date but not overtly anxious.

I'm a senior in college and I'm a RA, the other day I randomly received a message from a guy on facebook. He's an RA like me, so initially when he messaged me I assumed he was going to ask me to cover his shift. But instead, he just wanted to talk. He started off his facebook message saying, "long time no talk," which I thought was weird, because we honestly rarely talk.

My friend, however seems to think he's interested in me, but I'm not so sure; and a BIGreason for this is because he didn't give me the vibe that he was interested in talking to me. His responses weren't necessarily short, one word resplies, but they also didn't leave room for me to respond. His responses read more like conversation enders and I'm a talker, so no matter the format, I really try to be engaging in my conversations. But, I was trying to follow his lead because the whole message was just baffling to me, so throughout the message I couldn't help but keep telling myself to relax, he's not interested in you, he's going to ask you any minute now to cover his shift lol but he never did!

Because he wasn't really engaging, I got confused, and started keeping my responses short too. Well the last thing we spoke about was how I was scheduled to work all day for some event and he said "that's unfortunate. That's really really unfortunate. [sad face]" and from there, I interpreted it as him not being interested and that I was boring him, so I just responded with a "Yes. Yes it really was lol." Since then, (this was yesterday) he hasn't responded. And now, I'm wondering what was that!??

Does he like me, was he just bored and decided to message me (some random girl, he occasionally sees), or is he just shy and uncertain about if I may like him back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 06:10 PM

n/a posts
maybe he just wants to get to know you...how is he supposed to know if he likes you if you rarely talk?

he probably thinks you're attractive and is moving on to the second stage of deciding whether to try it.

i'd say he's cautious.

or maybe just friendly.

women are good friends too, you know.

Old 03-01-2014, 06:15 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
Ask HIM!

Old 03-01-2014, 06:15 PM

596 posts, read 627,678 times
Default Ah gotcha

So what should I do?

Should I message him on facebook?

If I do, what should I say without sounding completely aimless...especially since the conversation ended with the last thing I wrote...I know this isn't the best way to go about having a love life, but I've only been in one relationship and that was for 4 years and for all I know, he was the only guy to ever show an interest, so I'm really bad at this.

Thanks

Old 03-01-2014, 06:28 PM

n/a posts
you should...
turn off the laptop and go into the world and live.

Old 03-01-2014, 06:34 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Ask him if he wants to go get something to eat and TALK. You should pay.

It's sometimes hard for people who talk a lot to figure out what's going on with people who are quiet. Doesn't mean he's not interested.

Try to find a subject he's interested in and listen.

Old 03-01-2014, 06:35 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Pass him a note:

Old 03-01-2014, 06:38 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Don't ask us, ask him!

Old 03-01-2014, 06:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
He's an idiot and doesn't know how to talk to women. Don't take it too seriously some men just like to test the waters.

Old 03-01-2014, 06:40 PM

1,344 posts, read 4,764,865 times
Grow up and ask him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships