Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 12:52 AM

n/a posts

Advertisements

Just be yourself and the right woman will reveal herself to you.

Yes you can change and manipulate and act contrary to how you are...and you can even fool a woman you think you should be with into liking you because of it...

But it'll blow up in your face.

Be you and be happy being you and you'll win automitcally.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:04 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,211,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Just be yourself and the right woman will reveal herself to you.

Yes you can change and manipulate and act contrary to how you are...and you can even fool a woman you think you should be with into liking you because of it...

But it'll blow up in your face.

Be you and be happy being you and you'll win automitcally.
I'm glad you think it's that simple.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:52 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Um, that's kinda hard when you've just met. This time I had the invaluable benefit of some history shared by a mutual friend, which gave me insights into her needs and priorities.
True but I meant over time. Why was it invaluable?

Old 03-03-2014, 10:06 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funnydatingtips4men View Post
Knowing how to please a woman emotionally is probably the most challenging skill for a man to master. It requires you to understand the indirect nature in which women communicate. Men are more bottom-line thinkers and would rather skip over the mysterious "guess what I'm thinking/feeling games." On the other hand, women want you to be able to read between the lines, determine what their needs are and be the man to fulfill those needs.

This can be very confusing unless you understand the needs which are most important to women: certainty and significance. How do you know these are the most important? Just pay attention to the advertising which is directed towards selling women products which "fulfill" their needs for security and for significance. Companies who write this stuff spend billions of dollars a year on research to determine what needs are most important to their buyers.

So when your woman expects you to anticipate your needs, always ask yourself if she is acting out of a need for certainty or a need for significance.
9 Phrases Women Use

Old 03-03-2014, 11:18 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funnydatingtips4men View Post
Knowing how to please a woman emotionally is probably the most challenging skill for a man to master. It requires you to understand the indirect nature in which women communicate. Men are more bottom-line thinkers and would rather skip over the mysterious "guess what I'm thinking/feeling games." On the other hand, women want you to be able to read between the lines, determine what their needs are and be the man to fulfill those needs.

This can be very confusing unless you understand the needs which are most important to women: certainty and significance. How do you know these are the most important? Just pay attention to the advertising which is directed towards selling women products which "fulfill" their needs for security and for significance. Companies who write this stuff spend billions of dollars a year on research to determine what needs are most important to their buyers.

So when your woman expects you to anticipate your needs, always ask yourself if she is acting out of a need for certainty or a need for significance.
Because telling a woman that you aren't a mind-reader and asking her to be direct in communicating her needs with you is so very difficult.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:58 PM

56 posts, read 79,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Applying what you have learned in "Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus"., John Gray.
Just the first 4 chapters even!!!!

Then applying what you read in maybe the first few chapters only of
"Getting The Love You Want", by Harville Hendricks.

Then, having the insight gained from the "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman

That would all be less than 3 nightime readings....if you doze off...maybe 5....is it worth it?
OMG...apply 2 of the insights from these books and see the change in the responses you get!

Too many men poo-poo getting help or learning tricks to good relationship by
reading a book and have divorce after divorce...so go hide with a coffee in Barnes and Noble, shhh,
don't let anyone see you.

You WILL thank me.

Get the book his needs, her needs. Affair proof your marriage. It could help you.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:03 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Yanagita View Post
Telling a woman those things and having her actually follow through and do it are not the same things.
Marry a dude.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:15 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Yes honey be "emotionally supported" by me telling you to figure it out while I go out with the boys. See you at 11...maybe.

Spoilers: being emotionally supportive isn't hard if you are actually emotionally connected.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:24 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
I'm thinking we need an anti-relationship/anti-woman forum. That might help...

Old 03-03-2014, 01:26 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Yanagita View Post
Men are expected to be responsible for their own feelings and emotions.

I'm struggling to figure out why women can't do the same, being equal and all.

One of us is surely a sexist here, I'm just trying to figure out who it is.
You're using that brush a lot today? Should we get you a new one? Or is that a mans responsibility after painting so many broad strokes on subjects?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships