Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 08:40 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times

Advertisements

Well first of all I don't consider marriages of convenience, normal. I find that extremely odd.

Yeah it's easy to be swept off your feet and have this AMAZING connection when you don't have to live day-to-day with someone and only stop by to have sex (essentially).

If he is SOOOOO amazing why isn't he worth the effort to get the divorce you say is too much work?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 08:41 AM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Messing around with that bad juju.

Go home leave the married guy alone and see what you can do to revive your marriage.

Nothing good is gonna come out of this situation.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:45 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Absolutely disasterous and if I could take back only one mistake in my life that would be it.
Same here. I'll regret it forever.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I'm not going to bash you because cheating is more prevalent in our society then people would like to admit. The problem is society has brainwashed people into thinking that people are naturally monogamous.
Whew... man you missed the boat here.

Has nothing to do with what society says in terms of monagamy, she got her ass up in front of people and volunteered to "be faithful" to her husband, no one forced her to that agreement.

This has nothing to do with whether or not humans are naturally monagmous or not. It has to do with saying and doing what you agreed to, ie marriage.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:33 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Whew... man you missed the boat here.

Has nothing to do with what society says in terms of monagamy, she got her ass up in front of people and volunteered to "be faithful" to her husband, no one forced her to that agreement.

This has nothing to do with whether or not humans are naturally monagmous or not. It has to do with saying and doing what you agreed to, ie marriage.
I didn't "miss" anything. The reason why people sneak around and cheat is because for the most part "monogamy" is the societal standard, and anyting that deviates from that is looked down apon. Just look at the responses on here.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
I didn't "miss" anything. The reason why people sneak around and cheat is because for the most part "monogamy" is the societal standard, and anyting that deviates from that is looked down apon. Just look at the responses on here.
You're still missing the boat.

It's got nothing to do with society.

It's two people making a commitment to each other.

If these same two people agreed to some kind of open marriage or whatever, then that's between the two of them.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:49 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You're still missing the boat.

It's got nothing to do with society.

It's two people making a commitment to each other.

If these same two people agreed to some kind of open marriage or whatever, then that's between the two of them.
YOU'RE Missing the boat, clearly this is going over your head. Monogamy is a social construct,(even though it goes agaisnt history, and human instinct) society has told people that monogamy is the only/right way to go, therefore most people wouldn't be open to a "open marriege". Stop reading/respondding to my post if that's too far over your head.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:51 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
YOU'RE Missing the boat, clearly this is going over your head. Monogamy is a social construct,(even though it goes agaisnt history, and human instinct) society has told people that monogamy is the only/right way to go, therefore most people wouldn't be open to a "open marriege". Stop reading/respondding to my post if that's too far over your head.
How would you feel if your spouse or girlfriend was sleeping with other men?

Old 03-03-2014, 09:52 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
Quote:
I'm not going to bash you because cheating is more prevalent in our society then people would like to admit. The problem is society has brainwashed people into thinking that people are naturally monogamous.

I'm not going to argue your point but having one romantic relationship at a time and a respect for your partner is a human decency issue.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:59 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
I think you are both right. But. If it were JUST a social construct of sexual exclusivity, the issue with things like open marriage would not be present. It is the notion of true love tied hand in hand with sexual exclusivity that causes the issues.

If it weren't, it would not hurt so darned much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships