Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 09:12 PM

128 posts, read 180,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
Was he drunk ? or work in Oil /Gas fields ? still shouldn't matter on a first date tho . I guess his mamma forgot to teach him some manners
Not drunk, and no oil/gas fields .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 09:12 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimGal View Post
I think he definitely was nervous but there are other ways he could have expressed that nervousness. The fact that he resorted to using those words, with a girl, on a date, means that he's more piggish than most. I know lots of guys who use these words, but they use them with their buddies in informal settings. There's a time and place for piggishness.
I don't think you can really control how your nervousness displays. Everyone copes with it differently!

Did you tell him you didn't like the way he was talking?

Old 03-04-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Maybe he wasn't in to it and did it on purpose?
No he was very much into it. In between the utterances of "spl**ge", he was coming onto me a lot.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:13 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
He just might not be good with girls, doesn't mean he is a pig.

OP mentioned he could have been nervous.
Even I know to act like a lady.There's a time and place for things. You also watch the other person's demeanor.
Watch their responses.

Yes hooplaman, he could of been nervous. When I get nervous my foot twitches or I studder. I don't have terets suddenly.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
I don't think you can really control how your nervousness displays. Everyone copes with it differently!

No, because I was so turned off by it. I thought once, maybe twice would be enough, but he just kept going. I didn't like it. I shouldn't have to teach him manners.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:16 PM

Quote:

I'm saying that his particular display of nervousness is indicative of what's underneath. Like Raena said, she stutters when she's nervous. She doesn't start talking like she's in a high school locker room. That's because that's not who she IS.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:17 PM

818 posts, read 917,271 times
Maybe your going to be on one of those hidden cameras shows ??

Old 03-04-2014, 09:20 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,958 times
Quote:
No, because I was so turned off by it. I thought once, maybe twice would be enough, but he just kept going. I didn't like it. I shouldn't have to teach him manners.

I'm with you on not having to teach manners, but I also think its OK to not allow yourself to be in a situation very long that is making you uncomfortable. This isn't something that only an ultrasensitive woman wouldn't like.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I'm with you on not having to teach manners, but I also think its OK to not allow yourself to be in a situation very long that is making you uncomfortable. This isn't something that only an ultrasensitive woman wouldn't like.
I exited the date right after dinner. He was planning on having me coming over his place after, and he even said I could stay over. Yuck.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:27 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,958 times
Quote:
I exited the date right after dinner. He was planning on having me coming over his place after, and he even said I could stay over. Yuck.

ahhh so maybe all the naughty talking was his version of foreplay!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships