Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 12:53 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_girl View Post
My friend found out Four days ago that his wife was having a sexual affair with her boss. It has been going on for months. He has not confronted his wife about it until now. He hasn't talked about the affair with anyone else but me. His reason for this is he wants to protect the reputation or image of his wife to friends and family because he wants to save the marriage. I don't personally know his wife so he felt safe to talk to it about me. He has given me the details of the affair and I felt disgusted about it. I am amazed at how he can act normal with his wife, knowing what she did behind his back. He has no plans of leaving his wife even if she repeats the affair. He just wishes he would be numb when that happens again. The wife also had a pregnancy scare from the affair and still he was not sure if he would have left her if that happened

A few days ago he told me that his wife allowed him to hug her in bed and he felt like crying. Is this how a husband would normally react? I got feedback from my other thread that he could be codependent on his wife? He did tell me that his world revolves around his wife and he does talk about her all the time. He put her on a pedestal like she is a perfect person. He also blames himself for the affair (maybe he is boring or not earning enough)

Is it common for men to forgive the first time? I always thought that women are more forgiving of affairs more than men and it's rare for wives to cheat?

I am keeping my distance from my friend now but I do hope he makes the right decision.
Tell him go seek-out professional help, you don't needs this in your life.... You said it yourself, you don't know (her) ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 01:06 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
I would and have broken up with her. Thank God we didn't get married.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:27 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,396 times
Personally..

I'd move out my stuff find a place and leave, I'd tell her I'm gone and I wouldn't say another word. Just end contact and move on. There's other options out there.

I don't understand why people hold on to broken things so tight. Life has this way of going on and working out.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:08 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
If it ever came out that my wife had been sleeping with another man I would move on with life without her. There is no need for blame games.

Your friend sounds like someone dude looking for a coattail to latch on to....hopefully you do keep that distance you spoke of.

Last edited by rego00123; 07-21-2014 at 04:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships