Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 12:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,643 times

Advertisements

I'm in need of some advice when it comes to talking to girls. There's this girl I know from school who I want to talk to. We're actually really good friends- when we're texting. We've been communicating over Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, and Kik, but I've never spoken to her in person. It was cute for the first month, now its been four months and now it's just awkward. I see her everyday at school, but I'm always afraid to say "Hi". I'm not sure why. When we text, I'm practically a stud. I'm always cracking jokes, and she responds with a "hahaha" to like almost half of my messages. I've told her I liked her, I've flirted with her, I've used deliberately cheesy pick-up lines on her. I've got nicknames for her: babe, baby, sweetie, cutie, sweetie-pie, cutie-pie, beautiful, baby-girl, honey, etc. One time, she was feeling blue so I told her I loved her. She got all nervous, like she was trying to hide her own love for me.
So we're soul mates when we're texting, but in person we're nothing more than acquaintances. We make eye contact on a daily basis, but one of us always looks away. I get the feeling that she's nervous around me too, hopefully because she likes me back. But as the male, I feel that it is my responsibility to break the ice. But I don't know what to say. We don't have a whole lot of mutual friends, so the only way to approach this would be solo. I don't know how to open: do I pop a pick-up line? Do I open with a joke? Do I just say "Wassup"?
Suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 12:19 PM

3,636 posts, read 3,425,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy-E-654 View Post
I'm in need of some advice when it comes to talking to girls.
No you do not. What you need advice on is your view of girls. If you think the way you should talk to girls differs from how you talk to guys - then you are wrong. They are people too. Simply talk to them AS people - like you would to any person.

Old 03-08-2014, 12:24 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
I'm in need of some advice when it comes to talking to girls. There's this girl I know from school who I want to talk to. We're actually really good friends- when we're texting. We've been communicating over Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, and Kik, but I've never spoken to her in person. It was cute for the first month, now its been four months and now it's just awkward. I see her everyday at school, but I'm always afraid to say "Hi". I'm not sure why. When we text, I'm practically a stud. I'm always cracking jokes, and she responds with a "hahaha" to like almost half of my messages. I've told her I liked her, I've flirted with her, I've used deliberately cheesy pick-up lines on her. I've got nicknames for her: babe, baby, sweetie, cutie, sweetie-pie, cutie-pie, beautiful, baby-girl, honey, etc. One time, she was feeling blue so I told her I loved her. She got all nervous, like she was trying to hide her own love for me.
So we're soul mates when we're texting, but in person we're nothing more than acquaintances. We make eye contact on a daily basis, but one of us always looks away. I get the feeling that she's nervous around me too, hopefully because she likes me back. But as the male, I feel that it is my responsibility to break the ice. But I don't know what to say. We don't have a whole lot of mutual friends, so the only way to approach this would be solo. I don't know how to open: do I pop a pick-up line? Do I open with a joke? Do I just say "Wassup"?
Suggestions?
jesus bro, so much wrong here.

first off, never tell a girl you love her unless you're in a committed relationship, anything other than that is creepy as hell.

do not open with a pickup line and don't say "wassup", nobody has said that in 10 years.

Monday, when you go to school.. you walk up to her and just start talking like you do online. Don't think about it, just go talk to her and walk with her where she's going. Act like it's nothing and it's just normal that you're walking with her.

You'll always regret this if you don't do it.

Old 03-08-2014, 12:28 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
No you do not. What you need advice on is your view of girls. If you think the way you should talk to girls differs from how you talk to guys - then you are wrong. They are people too. Simply talk to them AS people - like you would to any person.

That's some very good advice right there... ^^^^^
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-08-2014, 12:29 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,808 times
If you can open with a joke, go for it. Not all dudes have that ability. To her, it would seem like just your usual persona she knows from texting. Don't use a pick-up line, those are the worst, lol! How about, "Hey, nice to see you! How are you classes going?" If you're in a class with her, ask her how she's doing on an assignment, or studying for a test, or whatever.

This is a weird problem. This is what happens when people live by social media alone.
Try to get in a frame of mind, like when you're texting her. It might help you relax.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:45 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:

Suggestions?
Four months...!!? Yeah. Put the damn phone down and speak to her.

And, no, you don't love her and she doesn't love you.

[]

Old 03-08-2014, 01:50 PM

102,206 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Unbelievable! So this is what modern life for teens/20's has come to? OY!

Old 03-08-2014, 02:00 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
Seriously, Ruth.

What in the **** is going on here? lol

Old 03-09-2014, 01:17 AM

409 posts, read 497,769 times
Talking to women about academic and professional matters is easy....

Anything else for me though...

Old 03-09-2014, 03:24 AM

n/a posts
Quote:
Suggestions?
Translation: my phone is my girlfriend.

4 months? I don't even know if you have a chance with this girl. Women....are quick on the draw. Seriously, your window is like days. 4 months?

And I can't even give you solid advice. It's that bad of a situation you've put yourself in.

I'll give you cliched advice. "Just be yourself"...that's like your only hope here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships