Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2014, 05:18 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times

Advertisements

There's also the other Tom Cruise who created the Hoveround. Anyway, yet another "women like old geezers" thread. No, not all women want much older. As for a 30 year old woman, she is at a different stage than a 20 year old man which is why she probably rejects him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 05:57 PM

395 posts, read 546,169 times
A forty year old woman and a thirty year old man, on the other hand.......

Old 03-10-2014, 06:01 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,627,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Probably because he's a maniac Scientologist.
I still think that it has nothing to do with the attractiveness in itself. There are plenty of women who are definitely in the bottom-low 10% among women in general when it comes to intelligence or things like that, yet they are very attractive. I guess it's just a misunderstanding. I was interested to know if he generally wasn't attractive to women (in physical terms), then what would be the look that women find appealing... but it was simply about his general behavior and stances (scientology being part of it).

I do know that attraction only works in the initial phase - but if there's no attraction the thing will hardly work at all because people won't even initiate a date. I think this is the major reason why it even matters more for a woman - it's mainly because men are generally more likely to initiate the date in general. But it's also a reason why most men who are less attractive will have it harder to find a woman to date.

Once the initial phase passed and people start dating, it's all up to people's intentions. If they only focused on attraction (physical aspect), the thing will generally be mostly physical and will most likely fail if no real substance is there to hold it.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:17 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,802,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
I still think that it has nothing to do with the attractiveness in itself. There are plenty of women who are definitely in the bottom-low 10% among women in general when it comes to intelligence or things like that, yet they are very attractive. I guess it's just a misunderstanding. I was interested to know if he generally wasn't attractive to women (in physical terms), then what would be the look that women find appealing... but it was simply about his general behavior and stances (scientology being part of it).

I do know that attraction only works in the initial phase - but if there's no attraction the thing will hardly work at all because people won't even initiate a date. I think this is the major reason why it even matters more for a woman - it's mainly because men are generally more likely to initiate the date in general. But it's also a reason why most men who are less attractive will have it harder to find a woman to date.

Once the initial phase passed and people start dating, it's all up to people's intentions. If they only focused on attraction (physical aspect), the thing will generally be mostly physical and will most likely fail if no real substance is there to hold it.
His character and general instability negates whatever physical attractiveness he may have had.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:47 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
Like if a woman is 30 she will go for a guy who is 40, but probably be disgusted by the thought of having sex with a 20 year old. What gives? A 30 year old man would have no problem having sex with someone 10 years younger.
WTF? Where do you get these crazy ideas?

Old 03-10-2014, 06:56 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Wait I just read that again. You think men in their 40's are unattractive?
You have to be kidding. Hugh Jackman, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp.
Actors in their 50's: Colin Firth, Denzel Washington, George Clooney, Tom Cruise.
What woman would kick any of those out of bed???
None of those are attractive to me anymore. They were attractive before age 45 or so... It's likely my own age, because once a man passes 45 he's not generally good-looking to me anymore. Celebrities don't represent average men either.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:59 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,958 times
Its not that older women HATE younger men, but as an example of what women have been trying to say on this thread re maturity level, do you understand how ridiculously stupid many of the posts are on this board that are started by young men? Talk about a need to GROW the FLIP UP!

Old 03-10-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
None of those are attractive to me anymore. They were attractive before age 45 or so... It's likely my own age, because once a man passes 45 he's not generally good-looking to me anymore. Celebrities don't represent average men either.
Damn!!! Well you can send them to me. Plenty of hot guys over 45!! ( My BF is 48! )

Old 03-10-2014, 07:13 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Damn!!! Well you can send them to me. Plenty of hot guys over 45!! ( My BF is 48! )
I'm 30....so when I'm 40+, I'm sure I'll feel differently.

Old 03-10-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
I'm 30....so when I'm 40+, I'm sure I'll feel differently.
Oh well hell yeah. I felt the same way when I was 30. Met my husband when I was 30...and he was 24. The maturity thing is a truth. No regrets though...got a wonderful son out of the deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships