Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 07:56 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
So I've gotten this before but not sure if its interest, a blow off, or just being curteous.

I had a first date last night with a guy I met on a dating site. The date seemed to go well, we met a bar, and then he asked me to join him for Pizza afterwards, which I did. So the whole date last about 4-5 hours. At the end of the date, when he walked me to my car we hugged and I thanked him and told him it was nice to meet him, and then when I started walking away he said "umm, so give me a call or text me!" so I paused a second and then said "well, you have my number why don't you call me" and he said ok and then explained that he probably won't call me until Tuesday because he'd be crazy busy at work today, and then is going to crash afterwards, so I said "ok, good luck at work tomorrow".

So I've gotten the "give me a call" thing after dates before (first dates) and was wondering if that's really interest or tongue and cheeck? I think in this situation he might've had some genuine interest but not totally sure.
Since this was a first date and you don't know him well yet is there really any reason at all to think he does not want to chat or meet again?

Until proven otherwise I found it best to take someone at their word.
If you do otherwise you are setting yourself up for failure because you already don't trust them and that
usually turns to disaster in the long run.

If people would quit comparing present company to past company their dating and relationship lives would be much easier.
Just because one person said or did something does not mean the next person will say or do the same thing.

In this case though you already don't trust him because of your comparison of him to others in the past so you may as well look for the next one to compare and toss aside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 08:04 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,050,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Since this was a first date and you don't know him well yet is there really any reason at all to think he does not want to chat or meet again?

If you do otherwise you are setting yourself up for failure because you already don't trust them and that

If people would quit comparing present company to past company their dating and relationship lives would be much easier.
Just because one person said or did something does not mean the next person will say or do the same thing.

In this case though you already don't trust him because of your comparison of him to others in the past so you may as well look for the next one to compare and toss aside.

Well said.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:45 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,807,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post

Yea I guess it stems from getting so many mixed messages from others. But you're right, thus far he has given me no reason to not take what he says at face value.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:53 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,549,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Not that I am making excuses... but I guess I am. If he's in a secure location, he can't bring in anything like a cell phone that can be used to copy secret info or transmit data. It's not that uncommon for military or military contractors.
Yep.my husband is often at a level of security where they may not have phones...he's a Navy ITC.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:41 AM

43 posts, read 36,975 times
Quote:
If I was not interested in seeing him again, I would have just said ok when he told me to call or text him...and I just wouldn't have contacted him.

In my response I was trying to let him know I'm interested in hearing from you again.
Anywayz, how did it go. Tell us. I never thought reading posts about relationships would be so interesting lol

Old 03-11-2014, 11:49 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,412,713 times
Quote:
So I've gotten this before but not sure if its interest, a blow off, or just being curteous.

I had a first date last night with a guy I met on a dating site. The date seemed to go well, we met a bar, and then he asked me to join him for Pizza afterwards, which I did. So the whole date last about 4-5 hours. At the end of the date, when he walked me to my car we hugged and I thanked him and told him it was nice to meet him, and then when I started walking away he said "umm, so give me a call or text me!" so I paused a second and then said "well, you have my number why don't you call me" and he said ok and then explained that he probably won't call me until Tuesday because he'd be crazy busy at work today, and then is going to crash afterwards, so I said "ok, good luck at work tomorrow".

So I've gotten the "give me a call" thing after dates before (first dates) and was wondering if that's really interest or tongue and cheeck? I think in this situation he might've had some genuine interest but not totally sure.
Every time a guy says that, he always pulls this Slick Rick move like a modern Rico Suave.. I think people say that to look cool or something.

I usually don't call. And, if they resort to calling, just that line in itself turns me off. So it's pretty much the kiss of death at that point, and I don't return the call.

Kinda pointless to make such a lame remark. Really? Ok- I'm so gonna call. Yeah right.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Every time a guy says that, he always pulls this Slick Rick move like a modern Rico Suave.. I think people say that to look cool or something.

I don't know, he didn't really strike me as the Slick Rick or Rico Suave type at all! He actually seemed a bit nervous when we said goodbye.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:38 PM

106 posts, read 103,185 times
so here we are and it's tuesday, still wondering if he would call.... gives us an update if he follows through

Last edited by moejackson; 03-11-2014 at 01:10 PM..

Old 03-11-2014, 01:09 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,336,785 times
Yeah, please let us know!

Old 03-11-2014, 01:30 PM

I'm assuming if he does contact me, it'll be this evening, since he only contacted me in the evenings prior to our date. If I don't hear from him tonight, I think it'll be safe to write him off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships