Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 06:56 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,351,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Here's the qualifier that most folks here seem to be missing: Hoop owns his hypocrisy. He has said time and again that he admits he's a bit of a hypocrite about this stuff, and acknowledges that he carries the double-standard.

So why is everyone here getting so bent out of shape about it? You're not going to beat it out of him. Calling him a hypocrite or accusing him of the double-standard is nothing he doesn't already know.

I, for one, have a HELL of a lot more respect for people who come out and say, "Yeah, this is pretty hypocritical/harsh/myopic/crappy/[insert negative trait or characteristic] of me, but it's how I feel" than some of the condescending, patronizing, fake-ass people here who expect the rest of us to believe that they have the perfect marriage/relationship/sex life with the perfect partner.

It's even more insulting to the intelligence when these sticky saccharine candy people go on with the attitude that they have all the answers because they are so perfect and never made any mistakes, never got played, never got burned, never let fear get the better of them, never dated a shrew or an ahole, never got angry, never lashed out, or--and this is the kicker--never acted in a way they regretted. Too bad there are no saints here, and the best words of wisdom come from people who have f*cked up in the past, big-time, and who have the balls to admit it and the courage to have compassion for others who might be making the same mistakes, instead of judging them for it.

Raw is real, the rest is spiel.

Hallelujah, holy chit, where's the Tylenol?
He's admitted to being a hypocrite, and then denied the existence of logical inconsistencies in his argument. So, which is it? Me thinks he's confused. If he's admitting that he's a hypocrite then he's also admitting there are deficiencies in his arguments, but he's resisted that in this thread. But at least he sort of owns his backward "morals."

Old 03-11-2014, 07:03 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,173,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
He's admitted to being a hypocrite, and then denied the existence of logical inconsistencies in his argument. So, which is it? Me thinks he's confused. If he's admitting that he's a hypocrite then he's also admitting there are deficiencies in his arguments, but he's resisted that in this thread. But at least he sort of owns his backward "morals."
Exasperated is more like it, from where I sit. I get the sense that some folks here are getting off on accusing others of things the others have already freely admitted, just because the accusations make the accusers somehow feel superior. That would tick me off if it was aimed at me, too. And then I'd probably say, "Yeah, so what?"

And on that note, Face-Off is on, followed by Ink Master, so I'm out of here to watch some TV.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:09 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,627,532 times
The bottom line I got from the OP is if she sleeps with them she gets dumped, and if she waits to sleep with them she gets dumped.

Therefore it doesn't seem like sex is the issue.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-11-2014, 07:14 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,987,749 times
Why do women date "experienced" men?

The double standard exists because (most) men aren't willing to date/marry women with extensive sexual histories, unless they have a similar past.

The average woman seems to prefer more experienced men over relative virgins. Some will disagree, but there's a reason there are so many man w****s. They receive positive reinforcement from being "players" and so they continue their behavior. For the ladies, if you don't like the hypocrisy, hold men to the same standards. Give the cornier, less suave guys more attention and leave the wild boys alone.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:18 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post

The average woman seems to prefer more experienced men over relative virgins.
Most women have no idea how experienced the guy she takes a shine to is. If you're talking about HS and the gossip mill, that's a different story. (btw, plenty of girls avoid the skanky guys.) Otherwise a woman has no idea whether they guy she's drawn to has a lot, a little, or no experience.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:19 PM

392 posts, read 351,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
If I have sex with a guy "too fast" (whatever that means), I'm a zlut/***** and my value as a woman has lowered.

If I refuse to have sex with a guy, I'm "friendzoning" him or I'm being a cocktease.

Most men will beg for sex but the moment a woman has sex with them, they will turn around and degrade her.
Back in the day ..... men respected woman and woman were not as feminist eccentric. You would have sex with a girl on the first meeting...move in with her the third day...live together for at least 7 years...maybe even have a child or two....awh the good old days when things were simple and straight forward....I never thought anything less of a woman who instantly had sex with me....it was a quick way to get to know each other....and if you enjoyed each other...you stayed together....easy....

Now any guy that would disrespect a woman for having sex with him is either a momma's boy or some stanch crazed catholic who thinks his mother is the Virgin Mary...

Old 03-11-2014, 07:30 PM

392 posts, read 351,306 times
Watching my eldest daughter who is 30...a career person who travels the globe...I feel so sorry for her..when it comes dating...The world has changed and it is very difficult for woman or men for that matter to find someone NORMAL once they pass a certain age...as for sex....From what I understand some woman are more like men these days...they use the opposite sex for sex and move on....still with hope in their heart of finding "Mister Right"....There is no perfect match...BUT some seem to think there is...

Old 03-11-2014, 07:34 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,351,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post

The double standard exists because (most) men aren't willing to date/marry women with extensive sexual histories, unless they have a similar past.

The average woman seems to prefer more experienced men over relative virgins. Some will disagree, but there's a reason there are so many man w****s. They receive positive reinforcement from being "players" and so they continue their behavior. For the ladies, if you don't like the hypocrisy, hold men to the same standards. Give the cornier, less suave guys more attention and leave the wild boys alone.
I expected most of the men in my preferred age range, 34-44, to have had at least a few partners. Of all my exclusive partners, only one had more than 10, about 12, previous partners. The rest had anywhere from 3-5. I look for compatibility and chemistry in the present, as in, one's past doesn't negatively affect my view or attraction. As long as we're at a similar place in life, we have compatible views at the present time, and there's chemistry, there isn't a problem.

Someone also noted that this matter is more of a regional one, because logic states these and other issues that are deeply rooted in moral customs vary greatly based on the area/region due to religiosity. In the places I've lived, So Cal, Nor Cal, Atlanta, etc., I rarely come across these positions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.