Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 01:20 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,887,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
I don't know exactly how this work, but he might have sent the request during the time he was blocked and it was hidden from your view due to the block.

Either way, adding someone as a "friend" on facebook is meaningless.
I was going to post this if no one else did. It's probably the most likely answer, I'm sure he didn't add her every day until he became unblocked and happened to get lucky after months or years of trying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 01:44 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,992 times
It wasn't suddenly, you made the first move which was to unblock him. Stay away from him, it means nothing and you could be disrupting things for an innocent woman.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:49 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,739,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
It wasn't suddenly, you made the first move which was to unblock him. Stay away from him, it means nothing and you would be disrupting things for an innocent woman.
I unblocked some college friends, high school acquaintances, family members, exes, last night. Doesn't mean anything, really.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:00 PM

356 posts, read 1,268,593 times
if someone adds you on FB it doesnt mean anything.. hes not back in the picture.. people just add people they know.. dont think twice about it. if he was back in the picture he would message you and say hi lets get together

Old 03-12-2014, 02:03 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,616,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
I unblocked some college friends, high school acquaintances, family members, exes, last night. Doesn't mean anything, really.

Him being engaged has nothing to do with anything.

He wants to keep you as a side chick....A BOOTY CALL......someone that is only good for sex.

Plenty of married men have them. If that is what you are comfortable being then continue digging
and you will get exactly what you want. Why not just block the guy and move on with your life.
The fact that you are still thinking about the situation shows that you are curious about this guy. There is no need to have him involved in your life in anyway....facebook included. DELETE THE GUY.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:05 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
Alright, the point of my thread is not about "How to use FB" ... I would like to know why he would send me such an invite?

The reason why I let people add me is another question which is absolutely irrelevant.
Probably because he's over you and just trying to get in contact or be nice.

No, he's not reaching out to you for an affair.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:06 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post

He wants to keep you as a side chick....A BOOTY CALL......someone that is only good for sex.

Plenty of married men have them. If that is what you are comfortable being then continue digging
and you will get exactly what you want. Why not just block the guy and move on with your life.
The fact that you are still thinking about the situation shows that you are curious about this guy. There is no need to have him involved in your life in anyway....facebook included. DELETE THE GUY.
lol wtf

Old 03-12-2014, 02:20 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post

I don't agree 100% with this, not enough information to go by but many men have this for a motive. Ive heard of guys who have a partner telling someone they liked their facebook pictures but not actually clicking like as to not leave a trail. The other stuff saying miss you and checking in is bad, hope you keep the stories examples coming.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:01 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
I don't know exactly how this work, but he might have sent the request during the time he was blocked and it was hidden from your view due to the block.

Either way, adding someone as a "friend" on facebook is meaningless.
It actually isn't. I added an exes son and was talking to he and his brother because they were very special to me and I was drawn into that whole whirlwind and ended up back with the ex I left.

I ended up leaving him again for the very same reasons as the first time, but I will tell you, it isn't meaningless. Things can happen, even if in your mind you said that they never would happen.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:09 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
Good grief, why do you have so many people blocked? I've blocked 3 people ever and I had very good reasons. Regardless, don't borrow trouble where there isn't any. Deny his request. Forget about it. Maybe you're feeling vulnerable over being rejected and deep down you're feeling a bit flattered an old flame might still be thinking of you because it boosts your wounded ego. Nothing wrong with that, but I would just deny and move on. Nothing good will come of adding him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships