Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 02:26 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,733,092 times

Advertisements

Depends on the context of their facebook behavior.... an "i miss you" is probably not okay but if it is an old dear high school friend of his that's fine (an i miss you too his lab partner he sees m/w/f would strike me as odd), but I've seen women freak out when their man "likes" photos of other girls, or "likes" their status" or comments on their statuses. There's not always a romantic link between every male and female interaction. To me, there's a level of behavior that's normal and I should not demand I am the only woman in his world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 02:27 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,020 times
I truly hate Facebook.....
I know of far too many stories of people being betrayed & cheated on with it.
I am so glad I don't have one &
won't get one.....
If only I could get a guy who
hates Facebook as much as I do, lol
They're few & far between

Old 03-12-2014, 02:42 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,767,820 times
Flirting in any way on Facebook is an absolute no no for me.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:55 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,246 times
I tried FB at the request of some friends who I'd lost touch with. And it was nice being able to catch up until I was bombarded with pictures of food, ecards that people copied from someplace else, game requests, and other nonsense.

When I did use it, I took the most nonchalant approach as possible. Left everything open, left everything up, and let people who wanted to stalk or freak out or whatever just go ahead and do it. It made for some entertaining drama for a little while, got old, and then I deleted it.

To address the OP: (and I hate answering like this, but) it depends....ultimately on the relationship dynamic that you have with your SO. If your SO is the kind of person to get upset about that sort of thing, then it's rude to do it, as it's rude to intentionally engage in any behavior that someone finds offensive/insulting/etc. Of course, I'd reevaluate that relationship to begin with...but that's just me. Some people don't mind (or even enjoy) having a possessive SO.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:45 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,445,955 times
It's inappropriate when they start doing things they profess they are not there to do or for.

Aka: I'm only here for family and end up spending all their time stalking random people they have met.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:52 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,448,533 times
The ONLY facebook behavior that is acceptable in MY relationship is to delete that piece of crap of a social media or EVERY social media for that matter! That's EXACTLY what I did! I told myself, once I get married, I will delete EVERY social media accounts I have because I finally have a LIFE! with someone I love. No need to attention ho myself anymore in social medias! LOOOOOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships