Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 07:55 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times

Advertisements

Deleted. Its in the past move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 07:56 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times
With my Ex husband, I removed pictures of him alone or pictures of the two of us. The divorce was hard on me--the worst personal relationship pain I've ever been though and I needed to clear things out. But I left up pictures of us with our daughter because we are still "her" family--still her mother and father. I also have pictures of the three of us together in frames, but in her room only. For what it's worth, I saved the wedding pictures too--again, mainly for our daughter. I am not FB friends with my Ex though. I dropped him during the divorce for privacy reasons. I see no reason to add him back.

The man I recently called things off with... well, we are still friends. He's actually still a facebook friend of mine too and we post to each others timelines, send messages and stuff. I left up all the pictures of us together. That breakup hurt (still hurts now) but it was a short lived romance and the friendship that started before the romance is still there. It wasn't a "bad" breakup--nobody did anything wrong or was "to blame." It just wasn't working out (due to a combination of distance and his trust issues because women had cheated on him in the past. He was too afraid of getting hurt and therefore refused to commit to being boyfriend and girlfriend and I needed a commitment of some sort to justify "waiting" for him).

Old 03-14-2014, 07:56 AM

365 posts, read 489,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
what do you do with all the pics with you and your ex in them after you breakup? Do you go through them and remove all of them? What about group pics with your other friends that have your ex in them?? Would it bother you if you saw your significant other's ex in his/her older pics?
Save them all; download them onto a file then delete them from social media.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:53 AM

365 posts, read 489,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Deleted. Its in the past move on.
+1 If you really care that much you can always save them into a file; and put that file away for whatever reason. But, for me... I deleted all of them and burned the card she gave me.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:56 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Why would I remove something that happened on my life just because life has moved on?

It happened. Erasing a picture or two doesn't "undo" it.

That said, I don't post pictures on Facebook. Never seem the point in it.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:57 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
I don't have pics of bf's or exes on my facebook. I don't see the sense of bothering my facebook friends with tons of happy and pretend to be happy pics of me and other people.

I have about 50 facebook friends and some of them are exes.

People forget it is not a personal photoalbum. They share - what once was hidden in our drawers in a real album and very personal - with pretty much the whole world. Whatever happened to privacy?

OP, I would remove all the couple pics (in case you have a new bf, he really doesn't want to see those intimate pics with another guy) but not the group pics with the ex in it.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:14 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Why would I remove something that happened on my life just because life has moved on?

It happened. Erasing a picture or two doesn't "undo" it.

That said, I don't post pictures on Facebook. Never seem the point in it.
You can't remove the past. However, there is no sense in reliving it. No reason to be showing it off on social media either.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:16 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
what do you do with all the pics with you and your ex in them after you breakup? Do you go through them and remove all of them? What about group pics with your other friends that have your ex in them?? Would it bother you if you saw your significant other's ex in his/her older pics?
I left everything as it was, because we were together for five years, so removing everything would have been a monumental task of sorting through, and would result in my deleting major life events, the birth of my nieces and nephews, family weddings, holidays, etc. There didn't seem to be much point in deleting all pictorial evidence of the past five years of my life. I also wasn't really all about going through all those pictures when I was still hurting and vulnerable after the breakup, and just avoided the whole thing. I assumed that at some point, when things were less raw, I'd go through them and get rid of stuff. But as I healed, I realized it wasn't important enough to me to bother. I also wasn't a person who ripped up and burned physical pictures after a breakup back in the day. Too melodramatic.

Some photos of those years are visible to friends, some are visible only to me, some are public. I did have some unsolicited commentary from people that they "couldn't believe" I would keep pictures of my life from those five years "after everything he did." But, hey, my life...is doesn't disappear because an old boyfriend cheated. My ex is actually lucky that he got to be a part of my life for five years, and going through and melodramatically deleting a bunch of photos because oh-the-pain-and-anguish gives him way more power than he'll ever have.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:19 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

People forget it is not a personal photoalbum. They share - what once was hidden in our drawers in a real album and very personal - with pretty much the whole world. Whatever happened to privacy?
I'm not especially private, myself.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:26 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
You can't remove the past. However, there is no sense in reliving it. No reason to be showing it off on social media either.
Sorry, but that's not how I live. You don't have to relive it just becuase you happen to have a picture of something or someone you "regret"

It's up to you to take away what you will from your experances in life. If all you want is to harp on the negatives, that's your personal choice.

But, this is getting in to personal responcibilty and ending relationships before you allow them to "ruin" you territory....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships