Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 07:14 PM

867 posts, read 909,211 times

Advertisements

So, I vetted a pic here for my online profile with dismal results. I learned I'm an ugly guy...but...but...there is nothing wrong with that.

I reviewed my profile and took down all the pics because they were all pretty bad. I'm in the process of updating the profile with new pics...but...but...what about substance i.e. the profile itself and not just the pics. Here is my OKcupid profile for your critique. Thank you in advance for your response.

OkCupid | Hank_1981 / 32 / M / Orange, California
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 07:36 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Love the poem; that alone will get you laid

and your song ......makes me want to hug my dog right now.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:37 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Your name is Hank?

Old 03-13-2014, 07:39 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Scrap it an start over, conceptually.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:43 PM

Relationship type is a new category! Interesting. Why do you leave some of your details blank?

Well, I will say that it doesn't draw me in, and we're obviously not compatible. It doesn't leave me with a lasting impression just going by what you've written. For me, there needs to be more "meat," if you will. Something that will draw me in, something that stands out.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:44 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Delete your poem, good lord. In your books/music choice, you come off as a complete douche. Either delete the entire paragraph altogether or reword it. Why do you have so many condescending things in there? Man, if this were a girl's profile I'd completely ignore it regardless of how hot she was.

Once again, I realize why I have such an easy time online.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:46 PM

867 posts, read 909,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Your name is Hank?
That's my nickname. My real name is Henry. My college friends call me Hank because in college we had a rule that we all had to have nicknames. So there was Nathan who was Nat, Adam who was Shap, Bartholomew who was Bart...etc...so I was Hank.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:57 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Delete your poem, good lord. In your books/music choice, you come off as a complete douche. Either delete the entire paragraph altogether or reword it. Why do you have so many condescending things in there? Man, if this were a girl's profile I'd completely ignore it regardless of how hot she was.

Once again, I realize why I have such an easy time online.
A more direct way of saying what I was thinking. Most everything is wrong. Director comments, reading interests, initial approach, everything... which is why I said scrap EVERYTHING and start over.

Think INCLUSIVE not EXCLUSIVE.

Admittedly I don't, but we still have a different vibe.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:00 PM

I hopped back on briefly to pull up the profiles of men I spoke/interacted with in the past. My BF's profile is disabled, else I'd have shared it. Some of these are long/verbose, and others less so, but they at least had some meat/substance. I prefer longer profiles.

The match ratings were all in the 90's, but none were the right fit for me. Still, they had interesting profiles.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/MistarBunnah

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Beach-Erudite

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/thecaveat

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/TypewritinMonkey

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/singularity_man

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/TreeOfHeart

OkCupid | EdStryker / 48 / M / Montreal, Quebec, Canada

OkCupid | dpal72 / 41 / M / Pasadena, California

Probably the longest, next to my BF's, profile I've come across.

OkCupid | alwaysenjoyit / 45 / M / San Diego, California

Old 03-13-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
That's my nickname. My real name is Henry. My college friends call me Hank because in college we had a rule that we all had to have nicknames. So there was Nathan who was Nat, Adam who was Shap, Bartholomew who was Bart...etc...so I was Hank.
Good name! My son's name is Henry. We call him Hank, too. Your parents chose well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships