Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 10:58 AM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahbella77 View Post
That's what I'm afraid of

Well, you admit you messed up by being too jealous. Now you've been put in his "maybe" box, and I understand that.

If you are truly sorry for what you did you have to prove yourself to him, and part of that is the uncertainty of your future with him. Sounds like only time will tell.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 11:00 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
We have talked , some. He just says that you don't know what the future holds but ideally we would end up
Together. When we talk about things we had planned to do in the future, he always says it will happen , or someday. I'm just worried that it won't happen
It's not going to happen. He is using you for sex and saying whatever he thinks you want to hear.

Drop him and move on.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:03 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
I just wish that for once in my life something would work out that I wanted to . He was the best thing that ever happened to me and I messed it all up
Everything you have posted makes you come off as desperate, and I guarantee that you appear desperate to your ex, as well, and encouraging him to take advantage of the situation. If you enjoy being viewed as desperate, carry on.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:12 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well, you admit you messed up by being too jealous. Now you've been put in his "maybe" box, and I understand that.

If you are truly sorry for what you did you have to prove yourself to him, and part of that is the uncertainty of your future with him. Sounds like only time will tell.
"Maybe" is just my way of saying "NO" without actually not saying no.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:25 AM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
"Maybe" is just my way of saying "NO" without actually not saying no.
"Maybe" is saying "no" and still being eligible for sex.

I don't know their past relationship, how long they went out for, etc. I don't know the story on how her jealousy affected the relationship. The details could affect my answer, but right now I'm just shooting in the dark.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-14-2014, 02:19 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
"Maybe" is saying "no" and still being eligible for sex.

I don't know their past relationship, how long they went out for, etc. I don't know the story on how her jealousy affected the relationship. The details could affect my answer, but right now I'm just shooting in the dark.
True.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:38 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoma11 View Post
Free booty call with no strings attached..... every man's dream
Not all...some men get attached and dream of real love, commitment, and full exclusivity; not a booty call or no-strings scenario

Old 03-14-2014, 02:43 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
Quote:
I just wish that for once in my life something would work out that I wanted to . He was the best thing that ever happened to me and I messed it all up
Just curious, when was the last time he told you that he loved you? (Was it relatively recently, or further back in time?) Some people might perhaps think that "ILY" is all words and nothing more, and while I can certainly understand that POV, I personally believe those 3 words can be very, very meaningful and significant.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:45 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,306 times
Quote:
Ex boyfriend and I hang out about once a week. Things seem pretty good. Occasionally we have sex. He says things might work out, he just needs to see that my jealousy is not as bad as it was. He tells me he loves me, we cuddle, go to movies... Dinner....
How can I get out of this mess I created? I really would like to rebuild our relationship
Close your legs and stop having sex with him???

Old 03-14-2014, 02:46 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,051,605 times
What if he died tomorrow? How do you see your worth as a human being? How tied is your self-worth to him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships