Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 10:06 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times

Advertisements

I am probably the only male replying on these topics. I have an idea like most males why women are wearing less and less clothes today. What I am asking is "Why do women think they have to expose so much of their flesh if it is not for SEXUAL GRATIFICATION". Males do not complain. Will some females answer my curiosity via a females perspective only.NO MALE ANSWERS. Thanks Stefhen

Old 01-31-2008, 10:10 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
so where are you seeing this, strip bars?

Old 01-31-2008, 10:29 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,195,604 times
Default Hello Steve Bagu

Interesting question!

Thank You for the thread

And it is interesting that its being posted by a male.

Because like you said, you do not hear them complaining, right??

I have often wondered this myself, and I do not know the answer.

I suspect a couple of things.

I personally think that there is a place & a time for everything. You wear

a bathing suit to the beach, appropriate clothing for a business situation, the

right clothing for a religious service , and so on.

And I believe that whether you are going to a party, social event, out to

dinner, that you should leave something to the imagination.

I think that if a woman respects herself enough, she will dress appropriately.

You can dress in a feminine matter & look pretty, without having to show

everything God gave you!

It does make me sad to see what you mentioned, because little girls are

watching this, and wanting to do the same at a very young age.

So, maybe at the end of the day, its a question of principle, of values, of

morals. And I think that our society is lacking those today

Just my humble opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
I am probably the only male replying on these topics. I have an idea like most males why women are wearing less and less clothes today. What I am asking is "Why do women think they have to expose so much of their flesh if it is not for SEXUAL GRATIFICATION". Males do not complain. Will some females answer my curiosity via a females perspective only.NO MALE ANSWERS. Thanks Stefhen

Last edited by countrylv22; 01-31-2008 at 10:41 PM..

Old 01-31-2008, 10:44 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Quote:
I think women should be able to dress how they please, if you don't like it, don't look. Women like to dress how they feel good, its sort of self absorbed for men to feel its ALL about them or an invitation for sex.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:06 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
THANKS for the quick responses. No, I do not patronize strip bars. When a women looks into the mirror, she sees what she wants others to see. I wonder about the "like to dress how they feel good" Is the clothes to be comfortable feeling/form feeling/sexually exposed feeling. Like the invisible underwear feeling when wearing tight jeans. Secret is, you don"t wear any. Men are not blind. They see what women want them to see. NO more comments from me. Do not want any females mad at me. Just curious. Stefhen

Old 01-31-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
THANKS for the quick responses. No, I do not patronize strip bars. When a women looks into the mirror, she sees what she wants others to see. I wonder about the "like to dress how they feel good" Is the clothes to be comfortable feeling/form feeling/sexually exposed feeling. Like the invisible underwear feeling when wearing tight jeans. Secret is, you don"t wear any. Men are not blind. They see what women want them to see. NO more comments from me. Do not want any females mad at me. Just curious. Stefhen
You don't get it, yes some women dress to impress men but studies show that women also dress for themselves and to impress other women.

Unlike men minds, not everything is about sex for us. NOT everything is about what men want and think.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:18 AM

651 posts, read 1,416,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I think women should be able to dress how they please, if you don't like it, don't look. Women like to dress how they feel good, its sort of self absorbed for men to feel its ALL about them or an invitation for sex.
I agree, women can dress how they please. However, it's naive to assume that others aren't going to have an opinion about the way a woman dresses and therefore form an opinion on the woman herself. Most people are prone to quick judgements based on appearance and this is even more true upon first meeting the person. Usually, women know the image they are projecting when they choose to dress a certain way.

Taking that one step further, I assume that women choose their outfits to attract whatever kind of attention they desire. For example, when dressing for a professional job interview at a conservative accounting firm I would choose a professional classic suit to project the image that I fit in at this firm. When dressing for a first date, I might choose a nice knee length skirt with a tasteful but flirty shirt to suggest femininity but modesty.

A woman dressed skimpily may or may not desire sex; perhaps she is simply seeking attention. However, she is projecting herself in a sexual manner and should not be surprised if men mininterpret her inentions. Please note, I am in no way suggesting that a woman gets what she deserves because of the way she dresses (i.e. justifying date rape on the basis of clothing). I do believe, regardless of a man's opinion on a woman's clothing, he is ultimately responsible for behaving as a gentleman and accountable for any bad actions he chooses to engage in. I am saying that external appearance is a major factor in the way people judge others and women should be aware of this when choosing their clothing.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia160 View Post
I agree, women can dress how they please. However, it's naive to assume that others aren't going to have an opinion about the way a woman dresses and therefore form an opinion on the woman herself. Most people are prone to quick judgements based on appearance and this is even more true upon first meeting the person. Usually, women know the image they are projecting when they choose to dress a certain way.

Taking that one step further, I assume that women choose their outfits to attract whatever kind of attention they desire. For example, when dressing for a professional job interview at a conservative accounting firm I would choose a professional classic suit to project the image that I fit in at this firm. When dressing for a first date, I might choose a nice knee length skirt with a tasteful but flirty shirt to suggest femininity but modesty.

A woman dressed skimpily may or may not desire sex; perhaps she is simply seeking attention. However, she is projecting herself in a sexual manner and should not be surprised if men mininterpret her inentions. Please note, I am in no way suggesting that a woman gets what she deserves because of the way she dresses (i.e. justifying date rape on the basis of clothing). I do believe, regardless of a man's opinion on a woman's clothing, he is ultimately responsible for behaving as a gentleman and accountable for any bad actions he chooses to engage in. I am saying that external appearance is a major factor in the way people judge others and women should be aware of this when choosing their clothing.
OH, I agree, of course people make judgements and assumptions. I don't think its right but it happens.

Its funny how men believe they are superior but then the belief that women shouldn't dress provocatively because men can't control themselves.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:30 AM

120 posts, read 127,875 times
Most women are just Weak and need the extra attention.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmover99 View Post
Most women are just Weak and need the extra attention.
I think its the men who are weak since all a woman has to do is wear a certain outfit and they can't control themselves, they pretty clearly assume the woman has worn it FOR them even when that is not the fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships