U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 09:27 AM

53 posts, read 36,947 times

Advertisements

I have never been one to cheat. I have made my share of mistakes. It took a lot of consideration before I decided to date considering going through a divorce. But beings he was, and the feeling I had that had been having an affair, I felt it was okay to move on.

Recently one of his exes private messages me and confirmed that yes, an affair did occur. That stung. But while going through some things for the divorce, we found two postings on other forums that stung even worse. One stating in detail about the affair...I had a miscarriage about a year ago and sometime after that he began seeing another woman, etc. But to top it off, I found a second post talking about how he never loved my children.

You can lie, misconstrue things, and complain about me all you want. It may hurt initially, but the fact is...I am going to get over it. I am a better person for not having him in my life now, obviously. But to speak about children like that? What kind of person does that? I am at the point where I honestly don't think they can hurt me any further. It's been topped. But it is truly shocking how their true colors are coming out more and more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2014, 09:42 AM

12,544 posts, read 11,930,656 times
If you found postings on another forum while "going through some things for the divorce," that means you went looking for them. I take it you are stalking your future former online to try to get something to build your case? My take on that is when you go looking for trouble, don't be surprised when you find it. People say things on forums all the time, and if he said it there, and not to your face, he may have just been blowing off steam.

I'll be honest: In a blended family, I would make a huge effort to show a spouse's kids love. But if they are spoiled rotten brats--and I'm not saying yours are--dang straight I will be blowing off steam, albeit to my sister in private. I wouldn't be dumb enough to do it online.

My suggestion is that unless you are suing him for adultery or something like that, wherein you need evidence of an affair, that you stop cyberstalking him. You're only going to drive yourself crazy.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:44 AM

2,321 posts, read 2,364,618 times
Ahh the 3rd installment.

Old 03-15-2014, 10:03 AM

9,871 posts, read 8,019,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
Ahh the 3rd installment.
Ding, ding....bell lap.

Old 03-15-2014, 10:57 AM

395 posts, read 427,355 times
Default Another perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
If you found postings on another forum while "going through some things for the divorce," that means you went looking for them. I take it you are stalking your future former online to try to get something to build your case? My take on that is when you go looking for trouble, don't be surprised when you find it. People say things on forums all the time, and if he said it there, and not to your face, he may have just been blowing off steam.

I'll be honest: In a blended family, I would make a huge effort to show a spouse's kids love. But if they are spoiled rotten brats--and I'm not saying yours are--dang straight I will be blowing off steam, albeit to my sister in private. I wouldn't be dumb enough to do it online.

My suggestion is that unless you are suing him for adultery or something like that, wherein you need evidence of an affair, that you stop cyberstalking him. You're only going to drive yourself crazy.

I agree, Op,
I am sorry you hurt. I truly am. But hacking his passwords or spying on sites he went to is not going to help you heal. I don't know how long you were married but I sense not very long. Which means in most places, no financial gain from showing "fault". Just more pain for you.

Yeah he probably didn't love your kids, but at least he vented far away from anyone who knew who he was. My skids were beasts, and his ex was major psycho...luckily I had a site for stepmothers to get support and sometimes vent.

Every ending has three sides...his, hers, and the truth. This is a good time to review, honestly, all three sides so that before you give your heart again, you gain better understanding and peace with all of this.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:41 AM

53 posts, read 36,947 times
Auntie77, I could be 100% wrong, but I believe I know you. And if so, I do appreciate the kind words, especially in the said situation.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:15 PM

27,574 posts, read 17,678,523 times
You now have enough information to completely move on and away from him. You have confirmation of what you knew in your heart.

I'm sorry you had to see those words, but no matter what direction you take with your life, you are better without him.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 03-15-2014, 04:22 PM

17,168 posts, read 22,199,672 times
look thru the windshield with new eyes...

not in the rearview mirror ...stirring the pot..

whats done is done,,no need to marinate in misery..

Old 03-16-2014, 11:55 PM

3,942 posts, read 3,879,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue01 View Post
I have never been one to cheat. I have made my share of mistakes. It took a lot of consideration before I decided to date considering going through a divorce. But beings he was, and the feeling I had that had been having an affair, I felt it was okay to move on.

Recently one of his exes private messages me and confirmed that yes, an affair did occur. That stung. But while going through some things for the divorce, we found two postings on other forums that stung even worse. One stating in detail about the affair...I had a miscarriage about a year ago and sometime after that he began seeing another woman, etc. But to top it off, I found a second post talking about how he never loved my children.

You can lie, misconstrue things, and complain about me all you want. It may hurt initially, but the fact is...I am going to get over it. I am a better person for not having him in my life now, obviously. But to speak about children like that? What kind of person does that? I am at the point where I honestly don't think they can hurt me any further. It's been topped. But it is truly shocking how their true colors are coming out more and more.
Yeah- the truth hurts but sets us free because we have options. Lies and manipulation hurt, because it strips us away from any sort of dignity or respect.

It's the lies that hurt. I rather be told the truth than a lie.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:01 PM

1 posts, read 700 times
I know who you are talking about, and a little more personally than you think.

Just get over it. He didn't tell you everything and will never admit to it. He's happier now, trust me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or