Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 12:54 PM

7 posts, read 41,772 times

Advertisements

My female best friend was infatuated with me while we were teens but I ignored her advances at the time. Then I was the one who started to feel attracted to her and nowadays we have very platonic thing.

We both went to university and now she's a flight attendant while I'm still finishing my master's degree. She has a boyfriend that I've known for a few years as well.

We hadn't seen each for 7 months (she's working in another country) but she called me the other day to tell me she was around and to arrange a meeting with me.

We went for coffee, had a long friendly conversation about what we were up to and then I accompanied her to the car. We hugged because she won't return for a few months again and just before she went away she kissed me on the lips. I wasn't expecting that at all and she drove away.

She knows I've wanted her for a long time but prefer to be her friend. However, I thought she was over me in regards to her teen crush.

I don't know what this means...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2014, 03:54 PM

We usually don't have any online contact while she's away.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:01 PM

678 posts, read 1,059,160 times
Probably that she just thinks of you as a friend and she feels safe enough to kiss you on the lips that you're not going to try anything. I honestly don't know, I have had female friends who have done this in the past and I didn't take for anything more than what it was, just a kiss. It'll be interesting to see what the females have to say

Old 03-15-2014, 04:04 PM

513 posts, read 892,194 times
it could be nothing, my wife's best friend gives me a kiss on the lips whenever she leaves town after coming to visit. She does the same to my wife. While some would say there was more to it than just friendship, it is just a quick peck and how she says bye to her closest friends/family.

Now if it was a lingering kiss or open mouth then I would definitely say she was expressing feelings without saying them.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesux View Post
it could be nothing, my wife's best friend gives me a kiss on the lips whenever she leaves town after coming to visit. She does the same to my wife. While some would say there was more to it than just friendship, it is just a quick peck and how she says bye to her closest friends/family.

Now if it was a lingering kiss or open mouth then I would definitely say she was expressing feelings without saying them.
It was just a quick kiss and it was also my first one.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:14 PM

896 posts, read 1,172,644 times
Push the issue to get out of the friend zone. Escalate or move on.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:19 PM

26,677 posts, read 41,509,172 times
I think you need to talk to her about this. I'd really want to know what in sam hell was the lip kiss about, even if it turns out to be nothing. Going to the lips leads me to think she has a little thing for you still.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:55 PM

19,954 posts, read 29,990,395 times
and this is a problem?? wtf ?? its like tripping over a 100 dollar bill and complaining about it..

if it does offend you.... turn your cheek

Old 03-15-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
Push the issue to get out of the friend zone. Escalate or move on.
I love the friendzone.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
and this is a problem?? wtf ?? its like tripping over a 100 dollar bill and complaining about it..
She has a boyfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships