Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 02:21 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,245,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
There are other ways to enjoy life that don't involve approaching women.
When you've gone through several relationships and a divorce, you will find other ways to enjoy you're life.

You're just not there yet, my man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 02:24 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,271,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
That is EXACTLY the problem dude. I use to be in the same situation as you are in now.

You are going to have to put yourself out there eventually.

It will be scary and it will definitely be awkward....but you will be thankful down the road.

Let me know if you are interested and I will inbox you some information from one of my mentors that helped me get things together. He has a radio show that just started. First show is tonight at 10 pm.
Ok.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
When you've gone through several relationships and a divorce, you will find other ways to enjoy you're life.

You're just not there yet, my man.
If I ever get married someday, I don't plan on getting divorced.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:32 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,046,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well you advertise it to the world. You're CONSUMED with dating/relationships at the same time you claim not to give a darn and are perfectly happy being alone/would rather be alone? It's just not healthy.
I don't think he said he doesn't care. He prefers not to pursue and feels lonely as a result. I'm in a similar place, I know how it feels.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:33 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,194,593 times
I prefer to get to know a woman first though I have never been in a relationship. This has happened twice. I became close to one woman friend/coworker and when she left the company she introduced me to her handpicked replacement. Woman friend/coworker #2 and I became much, much closer than #1 and I. I believe meeting/getting to know women this way is much better than to approach someone I do not know and who more than likely wouldn't welcome the attempt.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
I don't think he said he doesn't care. He prefers not to pursue and feels lonely as a result. I'm in a similar place, I know how it feels.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:37 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,046,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
Women are amazing. How could you not want to pursue a relationship with one? It will be well worth it.
Well, I think it would be awesome to walk on Mars, too. That doesn't mean I have the resources to go there right now.

What's the point of pursuing when you're not desirable? Pursuit is for people who are desirable...it is depressing to have bad experience after bad experience, never a good one.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enil View Post
He doesn't know what lonely is until he's married, stuck with paying bills, taking care of the kids, or being cheated on by the woman he married - many older men I've met.

He needs to find himself a hobby. The men who are busying themselves with self-improvement don't have the time to feel ''lonely.'' What the heck is lonely anyway?
What kind of women are you guys dating?!

Old 03-17-2014, 02:38 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,754,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post

Weak. If you're lonely, go hang out with friends. If you don't have friends, go make some. If you're not happy being single, go date.

If you don't want to do either then be cool with being alone.

These are all CHOICES. No reason to decide not to date, be unhappy with the decision, then whine about it on a forum. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enil View Post
Women are indeed amazing. I have many friendships with women. But what you're saying is that sex is amazing, so its worth putting up with them to get it. Heh, no thanks. I do not partake in drugs, and sex is the most powerful drug the world has made legal.

Ever heard of no-fault divorce? Its a law that means you are getting divorced, your plans don't matter.
I am just an optimistic person and want to believe that I will meet the right woman who won't screw me over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships