Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 09:45 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
And yet popularity and social status is rewarded. Blame society.
So being fun to be around (popular) is rewarded...... that's kinda a no-brainer. Do companies want to hire, and people want to be around/date, other people who are enjoyable company? Yes. Do you think that should be different?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 10:01 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
I can never tell if Asian or south American woman are hitting on me or that is how there culture is. They will be very friendly and very touchy feely .

Old 03-19-2014, 10:50 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,683,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I can never tell if Asian or south American woman are hitting on me or that is how there culture is. They will be very friendly and very touchy feely .
It's part cultural, but I wouldn't complain about it. Makes it all the easier.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:22 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Most men suck at reading signals from women

Old 03-20-2014, 07:56 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondtradercu View Post
I am wondering what types of signals do girls usually give out? I am a girl and I thought I used to be good at giving out signal and have good games. However, since I just got out of a long term relationship, I found myself much less reluctant to give out signals to people I am very attracted to.

How can I work on this and what girls often do that are acceptable - like still classy but not chasing the guys too much?
Woman usually give out signals with their body language and behavior both intentionally and unintentionally. Women who like a guy usually make a lot of eye contact with guys they like, they tend to play with their hair (like stroking, twirling, or flipping it, while holding it and staring at it is a sign of disinterest), leaning in while they guy talks, lots of smiles (usually the either the really wide smile or the suppressed grin), laughing at most of the stuff he says (even when it isn't very funny), complimenting him often, and so on.

You can always give guys hints by dropping that you are single if you know they are single. You can ask them questions about themselves and say stuff like, "You are really interesting and sound like a person I'd like to get to know" or if they tell you about something they do you can suggest that you might be interested in doing it with them. That way you can give out a hint while still being classy and avoid pursuing them.

Although some men are incredible dense (Yo!) and don't pick up on this type of thing either due to inexperience or poor social skills or lack of confidence or shyness. I usually pick up when a woman likes another man, but I often miss out on it when a woman is flirting with me unless it is really obvious. This has to do to my desire not to be either the creepy guy or the smug douchebag who both assume that any woman who is friendly to him desperately wants to have sex with him, so I tend to miss it unless it is incredibly blatant.

Old 03-20-2014, 05:03 PM

543 posts, read 534,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondtradercu View Post
Haha, my break up was almost 7 months, it was late august. So I guess saying "just got out of" LTR is wrong.

I don't think any girl trying to be friend with a guy is considered to be interested in that guy though. If you are nice in a straightforward way, not like flirting - then it is clear. I have made lots of guy friends this way lol.

But back to the topic, I haven't been flirting with anyone for years and I feel like I am out of my game. When I talk to him, what are the ways to make him know I am interested. And what are the signs to know he is reciprocating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Forget games.

The safest signals are smiling and eye contact. Also, saying "hi" is pretty straightforward.
^
|
|

Was that too difficult for you?

Old 03-21-2014, 06:27 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Give the come hether look with a wink then walk like a model and swing the hips. Guys like when you swing the hips.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:56 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,305 times
as a guy who's always gotten along with women, here's what I see:

eye contact, usually paired with a smirk/smile. Their eyes are kind of smiling as well if that makes any sense.

They get inside my personal space bubble.

I see a lot of playing with hair in my vicinity, but that could just be a habit of theirs and not related. I only read into that if there are other things going on as well.

Laughing at anything I say that resembles comedy.

Lingering close by and making eye contact (before we know each other or if we've only briefly interacted before). I've found women rarely straight up approach and go after you, they hang out in your vicinity like land-mines and wait for you to step on them. There are always exceptions though.

They will touch you whenever the opportunity arises to do so without coming off as "slutty" or forward, some women more than others.

Some will be a little nervous, they are usually pretty good at hiding it but you can still tell. These women are usually more stuck in their head, micro-managing everything a little too much and it shows. I find it endearing though, I like more shy/reserved/introverted women. These women can come off initially as cold and not at all interested, but that's just their attempt to cover up where they're really at internally.

They start interviewing you, asking questions about you. Fishing to see if you've got a girlfriend, where you live, what your up to over the weekend, etc. They try to make it really easy for stuff to happen between the two of you, will give you opportunities, even though they usually won't come right out and be forward about it(society has taught them that's no good).

I'm sure I'm missing some, when they come to mind I'll add them.

Last edited by tofur; 03-21-2014 at 08:04 AM..

Old 03-21-2014, 11:20 PM

164 posts, read 195,862 times
I usually just tap out "c'mere" in morse code loudly with my big left toe then point directly at them with the right one.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:43 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
as a guy who's always gotten along with women, here's what I see:

eye contact, usually paired with a smirk/smile. Their eyes are kind of smiling as well if that makes any sense.

They get inside my personal space bubble.

I see a lot of playing with hair in my vicinity, but that could just be a habit of theirs and not related. I only read into that if there are other things going on as well.

Laughing at anything I say that resembles comedy.

Lingering close by and making eye contact (before we know each other or if we've only briefly interacted before). I've found women rarely straight up approach and go after you, they hang out in your vicinity like land-mines and wait for you to step on them. There are always exceptions though.

They will touch you whenever the opportunity arises to do so without coming off as "slutty" or forward, some women more than others.

Some will be a little nervous, they are usually pretty good at hiding it but you can still tell. These women are usually more stuck in their head, micro-managing everything a little too much and it shows. I find it endearing though, I like more shy/reserved/introverted women. These women can come off initially as cold and not at all interested, but that's just their attempt to cover up where they're really at internally.

They start interviewing you, asking questions about you. Fishing to see if you've got a girlfriend, where you live, what your up to over the weekend, etc. They try to make it really easy for stuff to happen between the two of you, will give you opportunities, even though they usually won't come right out and be forward about it(society has taught them that's no good).

I'm sure I'm missing some, when they come to mind I'll add them.
You are so far ahead of most men. You're particularly perceptive about shy/introverted women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships