U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-06-2007, 12:46 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,981,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
Redflags for me are:

1-she brings her 5 kids along on the first date
2-always making sure everyone knows she is "keepin' it real"
3-any sort of constant twitching or limping
4-discomfort or blatant aggression towards the cross, or an unusual fear of holy water
5-broad shoulders, large hands, and an adams apple
6-picking her nose in public (eating whatever comes out does not help)
7-begging to borrow money on the first date
8-always sad/depressed/angry because of a secret "problem" she has
9-any kind of fascination/recurring interest in bowel movements
10-Every story starts with "I wish I were dead" and ends with "and that's why I hate men."
11-facial scars, prison stories, or any reference to a "pimp."
12-not being 100% devoted and obsessed with me.
Funny...and GROSS list!!

I just disagree with "facial scars." Excessive scarring could be bad, but one is okay...I think it makes a guy seem kind of sweetly vulnerable. Maybe it's just me, but if the guy I'm with has a scar on his face, I always want to gently kiss him right there. *Facial scars are heart melters*
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 12:56 PM

2,978 posts, read 917,052 times
Yes for men is can work..but for women...ummm...nope!

Old 12-06-2007, 01:02 PM

7,451 posts, read 7,776,623 times
Quote:
Yes for men is can work..but for women...ummm...nope!
Could depend on the whole package. I once worked with a really beautiful young woman--she looked like an Hispanic Paulina Poriskova (Sp??) but she had a thin white scar across her cheek. I thought it made her more approachable and she didn't seem to have any trouble attracting men.

(Now that I think about it, I'm not sure that is the model's name--she was big in the 80's and married Ric O'Casek.)

Old 12-06-2007, 01:05 PM

768 posts, read 1,427,413 times
Yep, that's her name. She spells it "Porizkova", that's the only difference, so you were right. She's a very beautiful woman.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:05 PM

5,108 posts, read 7,560,422 times
Quote:
Lol...yes its true fiddlekitten..I am not trying to give anyone a complex..but if you have broad shoulders, large hands, AND an adams apple...that is most definitely a BIG red flag for me!!!
Definitely when it's time to play the gender trivia game, the two places to check are hands and neck...

Old 12-06-2007, 01:06 PM

2,978 posts, read 917,052 times
I can deal with a small facial imperfection/thing white scar...but what I am talking about is a "Seal" type scar (the singer). That don't work!

Old 12-06-2007, 01:06 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,981,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
(Now that I think about it, I'm not sure that is the model's name--she was big in the 80's and married Ric O'Casek.)
Yup, that's her!

Paulina Porizkova - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And yes, a big, frightening, knife-fight scar on a female's face might be off-putting, but I can see how "thin white scar across her cheek" might make her seem more approachable.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:07 PM

7,451 posts, read 7,776,623 times
Quote:
I can deal with a small facial imperfection/thing white scar...but what I am talking about is a "Seal" type scar (the singer). That don't work!
It works on him!!! But I hear what you're saying.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:25 PM

768 posts, read 1,427,413 times
I first realized someone had lied to me about their age when their numbers weren't adding up. For example: If you and your siblings were all born in a 5-year period, how can you now be 12 years younger than the oldest child?

Another red flag (as if one is necessary after being caught in that lie) is him trying to say that he actually *wanted* you to catch him and that's why he was so stupid as to screw up his siblings' ages like that.

If you're on a date with someone and the sound of a bell makes them start (jump) like they're wanting to change classes with the ring of a bell, it might be time to ask for a driver's license. Don't take their word for it.

Whispering to you on the phone. Yes, it may be that he's trying to be romantic, but it could also be he's in his bedroom at his mother's house and has yet to move out "for real".

If you're on a first date and the guy says something about having children with you (and it's not in a joking way)....

If he can't tell you where he's been for the past 5 to 7 years, that might be a red flag. ("Getting out early for good behavior" won't bandage that wound, lol.)

If he likes stuffed animals. Probably no one else finds this a red flag, but for me it is one.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:49 PM

3,413 posts, read 5,810,456 times
Quote:

I believe though that Seal's scars came from some kind of political torture in his native country when he was a child. Although just looking at scars like that might be a turnoff, I think the story behind those scars and the man who overcame such adversity would be very very attractive on the inside and those scars would mean nothing other than strength and character to me.

OK- I was incorrect- I just looked him up and his scars are actually a result of Lupus. But there is something so inherently good about that man- an inner light that shines and I really don't notice his scars.

Last edited by pirate girl; 12-06-2007 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: corrected information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships