U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-06-2007, 11:56 AM

5,108 posts, read 7,742,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
...and how much she misses her brother and dad who are both in prison!
oh, and then there's the well-meaning people who keep trying to set their single friends up on blind dates:

"yeah and this person's available now and wants to meet someone new now that their ex is in prison"
(facial expression registers some alarm)
"it's OK their ex won't be out for a long time they got sentenced for like 12 years"
(not reassuring)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 12:00 PM

3,403 posts, read 9,329,747 times
I don't know if this can be counted in the same regime of red flags... because it's before the date even happens, but here recently this is something I have encountered..

choosing NOT to go out on a date for the night, when it's last minute.
I'm all for spontenaity... (sp?) but, if it's repeated, late night call, once a week, on a friday night, i get the feeling that it's last minute and more of a booty call, or falling under the "well I couldn't think of anything else better to do (or anyone else to hang out with, my other plans canceled on me) so you wanna do something?" kinda thing.. does that make sense?

Once is work-aroundable... but when he sets the pattern every week for 3 weeks straight... who wants to be nothing more than a late-night pickup?

Old 12-06-2007, 12:17 PM

4,739 posts, read 5,575,630 times
No one Fiddlekitten and by canceling the date if nothing more you at least got the point of respect across to him, good for you!

Old 12-06-2007, 12:24 PM

Yeah.. I didn't fall for it last weekend. Whether that was what he was doing subconsciously or not, I wasn't going to let him do it.

I was nice enough, like.. "oh gee, it's almost 10pm already, I'm kinda in the middle of something for the evening... maybe if you had given me better waring..." *shrug* and left it at that. I wasn't in the middle of anything, and would have loved to see him again... but not under those terms, and worried that it was indeed setting a pattern. We shall see....

So meanwhile, I will categorize this as a red flag. If it looks like you're their permenant "back up plan" you probably ARE, test the waters, by all means ~ but don't make it a habit. Don't fall for it.

Last edited by Marylandkitten; 12-06-2007 at 12:47 PM..

Old 12-06-2007, 12:29 PM

2,489 posts, read 5,500,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondD View Post
Dare I ask what line of work this person and his secretary were in?
You know, I don't even remember any more - it was a loooong time ago...For some reason I want to say banking, but I'm really not sure.....I think he should have been an underwear salesman......

Old 12-06-2007, 12:45 PM

5,108 posts, read 7,742,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
So meanwhile, I will categorize this as a red flag. If it looks like you're their permenant "back up plan", test the waters, by all means ~ but don't make it a habit. Don't fall for it.
Good post, good point...When I ran into this I put up with it, and IT NEVER CHANGED. Over 18 months into the relationship it still was going on and still bugging me. I figured once we got more serious, it'd change, or once I "explained" to him that it was a sign of respect to give me some notice, it'd change...and it never changed. Nice guy too, we had a great time when we were together, but it kept on bugging me that I felt like either the "back-up plan" or "nothing better to do so..."

Old 12-06-2007, 12:47 PM

2,978 posts, read 1,060,846 times
Redflags for me are:

1-she brings her 5 kids along on the first date
2-always making sure everyone knows she is "keepin' it real"
3-any sort of constant twitching or limping
4-discomfort or blatant aggression towards the cross, or an unusual fear of holy water
5-broad shoulders, large hands, and an adams apple
6-picking her nose in public (eating whatever comes out does not help)
7-begging to borrow money on the first date
8-always sad/depressed/angry because of a secret "problem" she has
9-any kind of fascination/recurring interest in bowel movements
10-Every story starts with "I wish I were dead" and ends with "and that's why I hate men."
11-facial scars, prison stories, or any reference to a "pimp."
12-not being 100% devoted and obsessed with me.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:51 PM

4,739 posts, read 5,575,630 times

LMAO, good one! or they say sure i'll go out with you but you have to go see The Crying Game first right...

Old 12-06-2007, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
LMAO, good one!
Be nice now boys... there's a very lovely lady in the Fashion and Beauty forum that started her own thread, on being worrysome over her man-sized hands. Not everyone is perfect, I hope she doesn't see this laundry list! lol

Old 12-06-2007, 01:27 PM

2,978 posts, read 1,060,846 times
Lol...yes its true fiddlekitten..I am not trying to give anyone a complex..but if you have broad shoulders, large hands, AND an adams apple...that is most definitely a BIG red flag for me!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships