Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you ok with it?
Yes I'm a male and I'm ok with it 17 40.48%
No I'm a male and I'm not ok with it 7 16.67%
Yes I'm a female and I'm ok with it 8 19.05%
No I'm a female and I'm not ok with it 10 23.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 09:41 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,242 times

Advertisements

FWB but as soon as we start sleeping with other people it should end so we don't pass diseases back and forth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 09:57 AM

36 posts, read 108,190 times
Im a female and would not be ok with it. However, ive recently realized Im really into my FWB and dont want him to be just a FWB anymore. :/

Old 03-19-2014, 10:00 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredHope View Post
Im a female and would not be ok with it. However, ive recently realized Im really into my FWB and dont want him to be just a FWB anymore. :/
lol the conclusion of most FWB's!

Old 03-19-2014, 10:11 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,448,003 times
I would never have a FWB but if I did I would assume they where sleeping with others if it had not been specifically talked about beforehand.

FWB is suppose to be about noncommittal sex, which would go against the whole notion of "committing" to one.

In other words: I wouldn't expect a cow to lay eggs

Old 03-19-2014, 10:21 AM

31,013 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie77 View Post
I never felt the draw to the FWB relationship thing, specifically because I always viewed it to be an open arrangement wherein the friendship also allowed for a little horizontal sports...

If you want exclusivity, why not hold out for someone you actually want to be with for a long time and love?
"If you want exclusivity, why not hold out for someone"
Because you may end up waiting 20 years and still end up alone. There are many situations where and fwb relationship really makes sense. I would rather have a fwb than being alone for a long period of time. It may be someone who you get along with great but you could never live with them.

The fwb term was not nearly so common at the time but I would say that several relationships I have had would fit that description.

I voted that I would not be ok with it, because I was trained to be not ok with it. This was based on most of my experiences ending up being 1 sided; The other party not seeing others and I was, even though the initial agreement was to see others. I believe this is quite common.

So, my expectation ended up being that the other party was exclusive even though we discussed non-exclusivity up front. The one time where I was seeing someone that was seeing others I was fine with it because it was an equitable, honest situation, discussed up front.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 03-19-2014 at 10:41 AM..

Old 03-19-2014, 10:26 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,366,656 times
I've never had a FWB, and was never interested in that sort of arrangement.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:40 AM

896 posts, read 1,176,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredHope View Post
This is exactly why I don't do FWBs. I can't sleep with someone multiple times without getting attached, and the chance of converting an FWB into a committed relationship is very, very low --after all, your FWB is already getting companionship, intimacy and sex from you so why would he commit?

Good luck to you, I don't envy your position and the likely outcome.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:46 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,136 times
I won't answer the poll because I am not into FWB situations either. Although I ended up in one (mistaken expectations--I thought we had a relationship he did not. It ended because of that).

But coming from a different point of view, if I found out a man I was dating was in a FWB situation and having sex with her... it would be over. Call it what you like, but in my book that's cheating. I've been cheated on before and refuse to tolerate it ever again.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:48 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,758,603 times
I've always wanted a geunuine loving relationship with someone, and to commit to her exclusively, fully and 100% -- and so a FWB would not work for me, and I have thus never been interested in having one...

Old 03-19-2014, 10:48 AM

11,364 posts, read 9,277,086 times
I've never had one either. I am in an open relationship but I do not think that counts as a FWB because it involves distance. Besides, she is more than that to me.

I may be open to it and if I was my vote is I wouldn't care as long as it's not out of hand (ONS, etc).
I consider myself to be fairly open-minded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships