Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 10:56 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,974 times

Advertisements

This exclusive discussion is obviously going to be different for everyone but I am just curious where you women stand. Seems like after the 2 month mark it becomes very very hard to avoid this discussion in my own personal experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 11:04 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
hm, I just always figured like 5 dates or so

Old 03-19-2014, 11:08 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
It just depends.

My SO and I were pretty much inseperable after the first time we went out. Technically, our "second date" lasted a long weekend. But I have friends who date people more casually, for several months, and they prefer it to be casual and more open.

This is one of those things you need to communicate. There are no hard-and-fast rules.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:10 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
Well, it really depends on how fast the relationship is moving forward. Last man I was with was long distance, so things moved slower. After about 10 months or so of dating, the last 3 of which included sex, I asked about being an exclusive couple. Got shot down.

But the distance dragged things out. In reality, I think we saw each other a total of about 30 days in that 10 months with "dates" on every night--So it looks like we started having sex and I asked about it around week 4 of dating (or the 21st night of dating depending on how you look at it). To me, the sex and exclusive go hand-in-hand.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:12 AM

914 posts, read 1,806,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
This exclusive discussion is obviously going to be different for everyone but I am just curious where you women stand. Seems like after the 2 month mark it becomes very very hard to avoid this discussion in my own personal experience.

i don't think there's a complete and concrete way to gauge exclusivity. personally, it can go from the first date, or date someone for months and not be interested at all.

there have been times when the guy has asked if i was exclusive after a couple months or so, and if i say no and they don't like it - well, they don't have to date me!

Old 03-19-2014, 11:18 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
6-10 maybe?

Old 03-19-2014, 11:35 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
It really depends on the woman and how she feels about a guy and the situation. I'm no woman either but I have spoken to plenty about the idea of exclusivity. I had one woman who wanted to be exclusive after the 2nd date and she brought it up not me, but she seems like a really good woman too. However from my observation the idea of exclusivity is a tough choice for women due to the fact many are into their careers and may not have time for a relationship, also plenty of women these days are becoming casual daters and may see multiple guys at once. If she lieks one guy, be prepared for other guys to get friendzoned.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:43 AM

896 posts, read 1,177,378 times
For me, it is after having sex with someone twice. At that point I will become de facto exclsuve anyway as I simply have no desire to have sex with more than one person at a time. But of course, most men don't think that way which is why I don't have sex within the first few dates.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:46 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Just depends.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:47 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
For me, it is after having sex with someone twice. At that point I will become de facto exclsuve anyway as I simply have no desire to have sex with more than one person at a time. But of course, most men don't think that way which is why I don't have sex within the first few dates.

This and your other thread are contradicting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships