Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 05:40 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,049,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I would agree with this. I had a date where we were walking towards the restaurant hostess, and as we got close, he slowed down to let me go ahead of him...I finally realized he wanted ME to approach the hostess and ask for a table.
Didn't you just want to tell him to grow a pair!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 05:43 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,300,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Good show nonetheless. I even had to pass that threshold, even rather painfully, but it's necessary.
It just gets me closer to a woman who will say yes.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:44 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,844,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Because they are too self-absorbed.
TRUTH! You'd think it would be the other way around, but it's not.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:49 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Shy people are generally not a blast to spend time with. I want to enjoy life, and want to be with people that enjoy life, engage with people, etc... hard to be like that if you're shy or timid.
I understand this attitude, but in general, it's kind of like, no matter who you are, you are the boring loser to somebody.

If somebody is kind of shy and not that exciting, I'll still try and share my life with them if I feel they will be a good, decent loyal friend.

Sometimes exciting people are very fleeting and undependable.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I understand this attitude, but in general, it's kind of like, no matter who you are, you are the boring loser to somebody.

If somebody is kind of shy and not that exciting, I'll still try and share my life with them if I feel they will be a good, decent loyal friend.

I have some shy friends. I just don't want a shy partner.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:52 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,844,079 times
Quote:

Also true. I had a ton of those in my life in my twenties. It didn't matter much back then, but now it definitely does. As with everything else in my life, I like balance. I don't get along with super shy people, but I also can't relate to the energizer bunnies who bounce from one thing to another and can never have a meaningful conversation.

It's all about balance.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:58 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
The thing is, everybody has a different definition of shy.

Can you hop on a plane, go to a city you've never been to, hit the bar scene there alone, engage in conversation with a strange group of people and make new friends that night that to bar hop with?

Not to mention a lot will depend on your looks and social skills to be able to pull that off. Not just your courage. A courageous man (or even woman) who lacks that stuff will be looked upon as creepy.

I mean, sometimes read posts about what people want and what they don't want (shyness, sexual prowess) and it just makes me upset that life is this nonstop competition.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
The thing is, everybody has a different definition of shy.

Can you hop on a plane, go to a city you've never been to, hit the bar scene there alone, engage in conversation with a strange group of people and make new friends that night that to bar hop with?

Not to mention a lot will depend on your looks and social skills to be able to pull that off. Not just your courage. A courageous man (or even woman) who lacks that stuff will be looked upon as creepy.

I mean, sometimes read posts about what people want and what they don't want (shyness, sexual prowess) and it just makes me upset that life is this nonstop competition.
I don't bar hop -- not because I'm shy. I'm really not attracted to men who pick up women in bars for ONS or anyplace else actually.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:03 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,201,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Because they are too self-absorbed.
Self absorption isn't limited to only shy people. Extroverts can be self absorbed as well. A former friend whom women threw themselves at became completely self absorbed with his own greatness. To the extent where he became arrogant and full of himself. Also a nasty attitude. I found both him, and the women who found this attractive, disgusting in equal measure.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:12 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,300,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
You want a man who will stand up for himself and you. Completely understandable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships