Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 02:14 PM

943 posts, read 1,198,645 times

Advertisements

m0ar politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 10:26 PM

Since people like to go through my previous threads to try and undermine my point of view in off-topic discussions, I might as well share this thread which may alter your opinions:

Gaining Weight - Got Tips?

I'm not in the best of shape, as I admit. However my diet has changed and I do have more energy now. My kidneys still hate me for the levels of Coca-Cola I normally drank.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:27 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times
You sound like a great guy.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:36 PM

As my previous thread was locked by moderators for a reason I'm not too sure about (maybe because it was getting heated or people thought I was trolling, however the reason doesn't matter).

Was this conversation bad?

A lot of people may misunderstand certain aspects of who I was and who I am. While I'm serious now, I wasn't always serious. In fact, when I was younger I enjoyed doing some "reckless" and "outrageous" things purely for the fun - Which I am still proud of today. There is not a single thing in my past in which I am ashamed off. I am proud of everything, even my mistakes.

I can understand why a lot of people won't tolerate me exercising my freedom of speech, however, I only bite my tongue for people who need my help or assistance. I'm not going to consciously censor myself to keep someone in some sort of haze. I enjoy speaking freely and speaking my mind. And it's fine. If you don't like what I say, then leave the situation. I'm not forcing anyone to listen to me. And people who automatically assume that if someone says something disrespectful or darn out outrageous they should have violence committed against them for it, is purely un-American and against our freedoms of expression and freedoms of speech. Everyone has that right, whether it be WBC (who I absolutely hate) or someone who is brutally honest and speaks his mind and opinion.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:53 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,862 times
Just find yourself a nice libertarian woman who likes British accents. I think you stand a good chance in that respect.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:06 PM

173 posts, read 155,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous725 View Post
As my previous thread was locked by moderators for a reason I'm not too sure about (maybe because it was getting heated or people thought I was trolling, however the reason doesn't matter).

Was this conversation bad?

A lot of people may misunderstand certain aspects of who I was and who I am. While I'm serious now, I wasn't always serious. In fact, when I was younger I enjoyed doing some "reckless" and "outrageous" things purely for the fun - Which I am still proud of today. There is not a single thing in my past in which I am ashamed off. I am proud of everything, even my mistakes.

I can understand why a lot of people won't tolerate me exercising my freedom of speech, however, I only bite my tongue for people who need my help or assistance. I'm not going to consciously censor myself to keep someone in some sort of haze. I enjoy speaking freely and speaking my mind. And it's fine. If you don't like what I say, then leave the situation. I'm not forcing anyone to listen to me. And people who automatically assume that if someone says something disrespectful or darn out outrageous they should have violence committed against them for it, is purely un-American and against our freedoms of expression and freedoms of speech. Everyone has that right, whether it be WBC (who I absolutely hate) or someone who is brutally honest and speaks his mind and opinion.
That conversation simply came off as property, like men sit around buying and trading women as some sort of goods for a service.

You don't have to censor yourself, but don't be surprised you end up alone to enjoy your freedom of speech. No one should cause you physical harm, but I could understand how someone would be enraged to the point of raising their voice with you in an offended tone.

You have the right to freedom of speech, and the world has the right to ignore you while you isolate yourself further.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:41 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,289 times
Quote:
I am not a neocon. I'm closer to Ron Paul and then Obama before any GOP Republicans. Also why can't a Brit be a Libertarian?
A Brit can be a Libertarian but that's like me saying I identify with the Labour Party when I don't live in the UK...it's just not seen too often.

Quote:
What does this have to do with your topic?

Are you a British citizen living in the US or are you an American citizen or what? You say you have a British accent and you are a Brit but now you're talking about un-American principles. Which is it?

City-data is not owned by the government so you can't say whatever you want here. If you are an American then you need to read up on the First Amendment. Also, the nature of posting on forums means people will disagree. You can say "what you want" (not really) but so can anyone else.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:01 PM

US Citizen, spent a lot of my childhood in England.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships