Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2014, 12:26 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,452 times

Advertisements

Red flags everywhere, from the woman's reply to your BF's response. I concurrent the reply " hope you're happy" sounds bitter and sarcastic. She's definitely not an innocent friend. She wasn't in the mood to patronise you, hence she might be lying she's in another state. Its either you confront him about it or let it past. I'm feeling you're afraid to know the truth and how it turns out after the confrontation.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 12:30 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,809,764 times
she said "we've been friends for about 6 years" (he and i have been dating for a little over 2)

This. It may or may not be true, but your bf's actions appear to indicate that something is going on. She may just be a FWB, but who wants that going on with their SO? It appears that she knows that he is in a relationship and the calls and texts at that time of morning were to expose him. Most people in a two year relationship have deleted old "friends of the opposite sex" from their phone unless it is someone both of you know and approve of the contact.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:33 PM

102,191 posts, read 107,809,412 times
OP, next time he sleeps on the couch, get up at 2 a.m. and see if he's asleep or on the phone.

Or, better yet, kick him out now. This guy has the nerve to accuse you of "making a big deal" out of things, of having affairs yourself (with males or females) etc. etc., in YOUR home, while doing whatever he wants when he wants with no explanation?

Wow. Just wow.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:35 PM

836 posts, read 1,119,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
So when you tell your bf are you going to tell him your ENTIRE role in this mess?
Maybe you have never had the experience of dating someone that you really cared for and many months or years later, find out he has been cheating on you.

If I were dating someone and I had always trusted him, I still would have checked out who was calling him late at night (if it was a girl calling). I wouldn't give him excuses, so that he could keep on deceiving me if that was the case.

I know too many women who don't respect other women's men. I also know that there are some men who always juggle several women at one time and are good at deceiving them.

I'd want to know if the guy I'm dating is monogamous, because if he is not, I'm gone. It is my business if there are other women calling him late at night. Either we have a trusting and respectful relationship or I'm not interested in being with him.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:42 PM

718 posts, read 598,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
Maybe you have never had the experience of dating someone that you really cared for and many months or years later, find out he has been cheating on you.

If I were dating someone and I had always trusted him, I still would have checked out who was calling him late at night (if it was a girl calling). I wouldn't give him excuses, so that he could keep on deceiving me if that was the case.

I know too many women who don't respect other women's men. I also know that there are some men who always juggle several women at one time and are good at deceiving them.

I'd want to know if the guy I'm dating is monogamous, because if he is not, I'm gone. It is my business if there are other women calling him late at night. Either we have a trusting and respectful relationship or I'm not interested in being with him.
For Pete's sake, read the whole thread including the link to the OP's other thread about her b/f. This relationship is a disaster and the OP makes excuse after excuse for it. Wreaks of desperation and lack of self esteem.

I haven't been here long but why you quoted Molli of all people, I have know idea. Tapping foot waiting for Molli to respond

Old 03-24-2014, 12:45 PM

836 posts, read 1,119,203 times
Sometimes, you don't want to ask a question because you might not want to hear the answer. Sometimes, you don't want to ask a question because you feel the person might lie to you.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:49 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,230,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Anybdy who calls repeatedly in the wee hours of the morning has no room whatsoever to deem anyone "rude."

That's true but I'm betting the other woman had no clue about the OP being in a relationship with this guy.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:56 PM

102,191 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
That's true but I'm betting the other woman had no clue about the OP being in a relationship with this guy.
She must've had a clue. If he weren't in a relationship, he'd probably be spending the night with her from time to time. We don't know if she lives near that golf course still, or if she just comes into town occasionally to visit family, but if they're hooking up, she should figure there's a reason he always goes home at night. That would be fairly obvious.

On the other hand, the caller asked "who's this", as if she didn't know. Maybe she just isn't very bright, and hadn't put 2 + 2 together, herself.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 03-24-2014 at 01:38 PM..

Old 03-24-2014, 01:03 PM

718 posts, read 598,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I'm betting the other woman still had his scent on/in her

Old 03-24-2014, 01:08 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,452 times
Unfortunately OP is seriously in denial and keeps seeking excuses to dismiss all the red flags even a blindman could see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships