Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 01:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,286 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious what women have to say about this. I'm not too interested in hearing what other guys think to be honest.

Beyond the basics of being an available heterosexual male in your age group who puts reasonable effort into their appearance and isn't a jackass what sort of things go a long way in getting your interest?

I'm sure some of this is personal, I am well aware of that, I'd still like to hear what you have to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 02:09 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,118,621 times
- Compatible values, goals, beliefs, and lifestyles
- Shared interests and tastes, more compatible than identical
- Healthy self-esteem
- Social skills. This doesn't mean an outgoing charmer necessarily. "Social" more in the broad sense of interpersonal relations than the party/leisure sense. So this doesn't exclude regular old shyness, which many function ok with.
- Respects women as fellow humans, internally
- Some drive and passion in life
- Functions as an adult, ie, supports himself financially
- Physically attractive to the woman in question; different kinds of "average" guys will have appeal to different women
- The X factor known as chemistry, often having to do with personalities clicking, building rapport, and connecting emotionally

----

Ok, I realized you may be seeking a more personal response.
For me:
- physically attractive to me. Ideally this means taller than me, lean body, cute face. I've certainly dated homelier though.
- shared faith and spirituality, moral, honest, lots of integrity
- shared goals and lifestyle: doesn't want kids or to do the typical 9-5. Wants to travel and maybe do humanitarian work. This is ideal...not expected.
- extremely intelligent. Intellectual and well-read scores big with me
- likes music, especially indie/college rock; likes art and culture in general
- OPEN: likes to do and try new things, is very open to foreign cultures, will entertain wacky ideas and theories for fun, not uptight while still keeping his morality
- more outgoing, organized, decisive and focused than me. I admire these things because I'm weak there
- emotional depth. Not afraid of emotion. More sensitive TO others than being touchy himself.
- affectionate, sensual, exudes some passion and excitement
- makes me feel beautiful, admired, liked and desirable

Even just one of those in addition to the base you've described might make me pause and consider a man.

Last edited by orangeapple; 03-25-2014 at 02:24 AM..

Old 03-25-2014, 01:02 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,956,833 times
Orangeapple has covered the topic so thoroughly that I can think of nothing to add!

Choosing a partner is like choosing a best friend. Besides being a decent person, they have to be the right person for me.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:05 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,230,264 times
Get ready for a long list, OP. Lol

Old 03-25-2014, 01:10 PM

48,272 posts, read 34,391,475 times
First there needs to be an attraction for both parties. After that a sense of humor that meshes. An ability to have fun together and laugh. Not just the fun stuff like dates, but the day-to-day grind like running errands and grocery shopping. Then similar views on things like child raising, finances, religion, etc.

For me, I like someone well traveled, someone with an open mind to other cultures, food, and entertainment. I like someone well read in history. I like someone who has a passion for something, a hobby or an interest.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-25-2014, 04:49 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,930,504 times
Beyond the basics what sort of things to do women want in a man?

Yes.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:53 PM

102,063 posts, read 106,870,458 times
Orangeapple has it covered. She saved the rest of us a lot of effort, lol!

Old 03-25-2014, 04:57 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,152,136 times
He must make over 150k/year, and drive a Ferrari. He should pay for all our dates as well. He needs to be an 8/10, have a six pack, and age like fine wine.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:57 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,401,996 times
Shouldn't the question be "what sort of man does a women want in her?"

Old 03-25-2014, 08:07 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,672,030 times
You know Noah from Notebook?
Well don't be like him in his younger years wasting time.
Be like him in his older years never leaving her side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships