Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 01:18 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times

Advertisements

I can't really imagine dating someone for very long that wasn't attracted to me, personally. I've had situations, not in the past few years but further back, where we waiting because of logistics (childcare, etc), but not because someone wasn't interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 01:19 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I can't really imagine dating someone for very long that wasn't attracted to me, personally. I've had situations, not in the past few years but further back, where we waiting because of logistics (childcare, etc), but not because someone wasn't interested.
I think I need someone to beat me in the head with a rock considering for once I agree with you.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:23 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,824,355 times
LOL! Meeting someone doesn't count as a date so that officially sounds like TWO dates. Try one more date, and then come onto her enough so she has a reason to end it with you.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:27 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Quote:
I don't know how old the OP and this woman are or what their communication's been like in between dates, but the mere fact that she's not jumping his bones after three dates/three weeks doesn't mean she's not attracted to him.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:27 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rider View Post
I'd like to get some perspective on this. I met a lady back on Mardi Gras day (3/4) and we hit it off really well that evening. We've been on two more dinner dates since then that I felt went well. I really enjoyed her company and I would be interested in a relationship with this woman.

The problem is that things don't seem to be progressing properly. We've made out with each other during each date but she doesn't invite me inside afterwards. I don't want to waste my time. I'm thinking she is "on the fence" with me and probably is seeing someone else also. Is it time to write this off yet?
Why is 3 dates your threshold? Isn't that pretty arbitrary? Why not go on a non-dinner date with her, something fun, so she can get to know you better, see a different side of you.

Do you not know how to court a woman? Or were you under the illusion that after 3 free dinners, she owed you the most intimate act known to man (and woman)?

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 03-25-2014 at 01:51 PM..

Old 03-25-2014, 01:31 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,448,641 times
Quote:
I'd like to get some perspective on this. I met a lady back on Mardi Gras day (3/4) and we hit it off really well that evening. We've been on two more dinner dates since then that I felt went well. I really enjoyed her company and I would be interested in a relationship with this woman.

The problem is that things don't seem to be progressing properly. We've made out with each other during each date but she doesn't invite me inside afterwards. I don't want to waste my time. I'm thinking she is "on the fence" with me and probably is seeing someone else also. Is it time to write this off yet?

Well the guy I dated for 5 months might want to talk to you. WE were NEVER physical the whole time.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noghre111 View Post
3 dates and no sex?

I think she needs to be sent to prison for this horrible act of hers!
Seriously! It's like credit card theft; she cashed in for 3 dinners, then absconded. There should be a law against it.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:33 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't know how old the OP and this woman are or what their communication's been like in between dates, but the mere fact that she's not jumping his bones after three dates/three weeks doesn't mean she's not attracted to him.

Well, the only other thing I can think of is she has some type of morality crap relating to sex going on, which is a total turnoff. Or, there are logistical issues, which can happen.

Thankfully I haven't had to deal with this game playing in years. I've only been reminded that it still exists in society still because of this forum.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:37 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,092 times
Quote:

I don't think you want a relationship. I suggest you use the "Pay as you go" method. Hire a hooker, no wining, dining, or let downs.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
What does this have to do with the OP's situation? They've made out, and she's been on 3 dates with him. She's obviously attracted to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships