Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree or disagree?
I agree 13 20.97%
I disagree 22 35.48%
I'm on the fence, it depends 27 43.55%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 06:00 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I think its important to define "success" and "trying"

Let's start with success and I've asked this before in other threads what makes a man successful in dating?

Is it any guy who is a relationship? Any guy who can get laid on command?
This is my point that I find most of the time when guys are unsuccessful it's because of their definition of success.

Egh going by what seems to be male created media for males on dating it seems what makes a guy successful in dating is getting laid on command with young hot gals without having to really financially or emotionally invest in them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 07:00 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
I think of success as finding someone you are attracted to and they are attracted to you and you have a romantic relationship of any length of time. It's about finding a connection with someone.

Trying is talking with people of the opposite sex and being open to dating a wider range of candidates.

The people I know who are over thirty, alone, and virgins of both sexes are that way because they limit themselves. They want some dream or fantasy that has no basis in reality.

One girl said she could never date someone like my husband because he was balding a bit after 40. I am not a blunt person, but I flat out told her...you would not date a smart,handsome, nice guy because of a few missing hairs?

The men I went to college with, who are over 40 and still single are looking for the same type of girl they liked in college. That's fine if you want to be alone or date sparingly at best. Women who would be perfect for them are brushed to the side because of age, being divorced, having a child, or not being successful enough or too successful. They always ask to be fixed up with young single teachers I work with, but they are picking the beautiful 23 year old popular type girls. Those girls don't want to date men twice their age unless they are rich and look like george Clooney.

One of the happiest couples I know were two longtime singles who got married after age 35. The guy was so nice and sweet. He had trouble getting and keeping a job and lived with his parents. He was probably a 4 or 5 in terms of attractiveness. We set him up with a longtime single teacher who was about the same in terms of attractiveness. He treated her like she was the most beautiful person alive, he is so happy to have her and she returns that feeling. They are married with two kids now.

Everyone can find someone.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:18 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Trying is talking with people of the opposite sex and being open to dating a wider range of candidates.
It's pretty much this simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland;
One of the happiest couples I know were two longtime singles who got married after age 35. The guy was so nice and sweet. He had trouble getting and keeping a job and lived with his parents. He was probably a 4 or 5 in terms of attractiveness. We set him up with a longtime single teacher who was about the same in terms of attractiveness. He treated her like she was the most beautiful person alive, he is so happy to have her and she returns that feeling. They are married with two kids now.

Everyone can find someone.
How is his employment status now? What was preventing him from holding down a steady job?

Old 03-29-2014, 07:29 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
My Motto when it comes to dating, or any righteous activity in life :

“One should, perform karma with nonchalance without expecting the benefits because sooner of later one shall definitely gets the fruits. ” -The Rig Veda

Old 03-29-2014, 07:40 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,546 times
I would disagree. IMO I think it has to do with failure to pick up on cues and unless you're some square jaw chick magnet all the women drool over the opportunities are going likely to be far and few between but they do exist and you have to take advantage of them when they present themselves. You don't necessarily have to approach any woman but it's likely circumstances will occur at some point where you will interact and communicate with them and if they seem pleasant and warm up to you, then make your move.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:43 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's pretty much this simple.
How is his employment status now? What was preventing him from holding down a steady job?
He actually is a stay at home dad now with some consulting work on the side. I have no idea why he couldn't keep a job, as I never asked him. He does something with computers.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:38 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
This is my point that I find most of the time when guys are unsuccessful it's because of their definition of success.

Egh going by what seems to be male created media for males on dating it seems what makes a guy successful in dating is getting laid on command with young hot gals without having to really financially or emotionally invest in them.
Well for example Jay Z is considered "successful" getting married to beyonce being in a monogamous relationship, but when he was he a young single celebrity playing the field(and bragging about it) he was also considered "successful". It's more so about the choice

Old 03-29-2014, 09:45 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Well for example Jay Z is considered "successful" getting married to beyonce being in a monogamous relationship, but when he was he a young single celebrity playing the field(and bragging about it) he was also considered "successful". It's more so about the choice

Choice is an unattainable luxury for some; not all have the choice.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:17 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
Quote:
I am sure the money helped jay z ( he sucks as a rapper IMO) if did have any of that the only thing he be saying in to a microphone is welcome to poppyes my I take your order. LOL

Old 03-29-2014, 09:00 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,768 times
Quote:
Suitable example of how successful can be defined. Though I disagree it's more so about the choice unless you mean the choice to how one define's success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships