Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 07:59 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
These threads are always hilarious! People are so sensative about this stuff. Sure, relieving oneself is something best done in private with little to no fanfare. However denial or taking great steps to hide what is happening is silly. It's not like I am surprised at the notion of my wife needing to poop once in a while. I'm not going to be offended if she mentions she needs to poop. To me it's just part of living with someone.

I suppose when you are first starting out it can be different. But hat depends on the person, too. I've dated girls who were not shy about it at all, even vulgar about it. Others were content to further the belief that IF she pooped, (not that she did, but IF she did) she pooped rose petals and farted the scent of lavender perfume.

Water finds it's level after a few years in a relationship. Or weeks. Or months. My wife doesn't require my presence for the main event, but she certainly doesn't hide what she's doing from me either. Real life is often not as sexy as the movies.
Although I'm not that shy with #2 anyway (I just do what I have to, no big deal about it), with my husband I've always been more like your first example (bordering on vulgar), it's just the way we are with each other. I think it's because on one of our first dates, we both ate something "bad" at dinner, and had horrible diarrhea when we got back to his house. The bomb had dropped, (pun intended), so from that point on we had this "whatever" attitude about #2, and it became a source of constant amusement for us.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:04 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
I don't poop or sweat. Ever.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:06 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
Although I'm not that shy with #2 anyway (I just do what I have to, no big deal about it), with my husband I've always been more like your first example (bordering on vulgar), it's just the way we are with each other. I think it's because on one of our first dates, we both ate something "bad" at dinner, and had horrible diarrhea when we got back to his house. The bomb had dropped, (pun intended), so from that point on we had this "whatever" attitude about #2, and it became a source of constant amusement for us.
That is hilarious! Great first date story and it's no wonder you are married now because if you survived that together, what left is there to hide? I had a girlfriend whose hubby had left her for the woman next door. During their marriage this woman apparently was not allowed to leave any trace whatsoever about her bodily functions. By the time she got to me she was ready to let it all out. She gave me fair warning ahead of time. She said she was sick of having to hide that very routine and necessary part of her life and that she would be proudly farting and pooping in front of me and that if this was to be an issue I should bail out immediately. I stuck around and she was true to her warning but it was never a problem. Even something we could laugh about.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:41 AM

1,373 posts, read 2,957,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
The courtesy flush is flushing immediately after the drop. This gets rid of unwanted vapors, or lessens the them to some extent. Then cleanup and another flush. A match always helps too. You asked.
WOW! LOL! This cant be life, this courtesy flush seems like a lot of work. IMO all that flushing does not make the job discreet. Like if you have to flush four times we know what time it is.

And whats the match for? Are you talking about a matchstick? Please dont cause fires people its not that serious!

Old 03-28-2014, 10:53 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
WOW! LOL! This cant be life, this courtesy flush seems like a lot of work. IMO all that flushing does not make the job discreet. Like if you have to flush four times we know what time it is.

And whats the match for? Are you talking about a matchstick? Please dont cause fires people its not that serious!
The sulphur dioxide that's produced when a match is burning does eliminate bathroom odors quite well. Nothing compares to to it. Sprays only mask it to a point, but the bathroom will still smell like poop and florals. Not so with matches.

And sometimes more than one flush is required to not leave behind a dirty toilet bowl.

Gawd, I can't believe I'm even commenting on this thread.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:48 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
That's why you always have a bathroom spray for afterwards.
I hate these bathroom sprays. I can never smell lavender again in my whole life without thinking of ****.

An ex of mine kept spraying the lavender spray around after #2 and it made me aware, that I rather smell pure poop as poop mixed with flower smell. Worst combination of smells in my opinion.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:36 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
Maybe let me rephrase this. He most likely knows women do not poop flowers and candy but at what point in a relationship eg time spent living together are you comfortable enough to let him know you poop and if so what is the extent? Pooping with toilet door open or the extreme, pretending you are showering, running the water so he does not hear because God forbid a man knowing you poop will turn you into brother & sister?

What???

WTF????

It is common knowledge that both men and women have bowel movements. I feel excruciatingly sorry for a man that does not know a woman has bowel movements. I mean...

Come On!!!

Old 03-28-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I lived with a man for 13 years and he never saw me go to the bathroom, for #'s 1 or 2. I don't think it's necessary to share everything, a little mystery is good.
Some things are not necessary to hide. I can understand leaving the process to the imagination, but hiding the fact that you are actually going to the bathroom, even to take a shower, that is a little much. Some men are okay with knowing that they are married to a human.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
The courtesy flush is flushing immediately after the drop. This gets rid of unwanted vapors, or lessens the them to some extent. Then cleanup and another flush. A match always helps too. You asked.
A match?!

LMAO-WTF!!!

Are we talking about taking a dump or burning the evidence?!

Maybe rolling a joint?

Old 03-28-2014, 12:56 PM

16,072 posts, read 21,144,062 times
Please, I'm sure we all know that everybody does it, I think the OP is getting at when and how much are you comfortable sharing that level of intimacy with your SO. I had an ex that had no problem leaving the door open at all times and no problem barging in on me. Ughhh, thanks for sharing? OTOH I prefer to keep the door closed and have my privacy to grunt and make funny faces if I need to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships